009 | thanksgiving

ix

ix. you wouldn't be the first
renegade to need someone

THEY ALL SAT AROUND IN
rehearsals as Nini and Ricky performed 'Start of Something New'

The bell went and EJ jumped up, cheering. Andy and Ashlyn, who were sitting next to each other, looked up at him confused.

"Sorry. I really love thanksgiving," he announced, everyone laughing.

"I know everyone is excited for the holiday break but I'm me and I have notes," Miss Jenn said with a laugh, "Your homework is to please go on vocal rest,"

"Dont mind me, I just came to return some missing items," Mr Mazzara said as he walked into the room to Andy and Ashlyn.

"Ashlyn, Andy, couldn't have our robotics team co-captians going home without their binders," he said, handing the girls their stuff.

There was a lot people don't know about them, the girls did so many extracurriculars.

Andy and Ashlyn were in the robotics club, drama club and they were part of the Salt Lake Renaissance Fair. Ashlyn was also in the baking club and debate team whilst Andy did AV club.

They were all talking about Thanksgiving, listening to Miss Jenn talk to Mr Mazzara about food.

There was definitely something going on between them that clearly they hadn't talked about to each other.

"That sounds nice, my family have three protein courses and then everybody's asleep by 6," Carlos explained, Andy walking over to him, Big Red and Ashlyn.

"My folks start eating at dawn and they barely make it past the Macys parade,' Big Red said.

"My family eat and I'm forced to watch some lame movie," Andy explained with a chuckle.

She loved her family traditions but after her dad's death, it didn't make much sense anymore and the traditions just felt useless.

"Well at least your folks are sticking around. EJs parents are treating my parents to a spa in Park City after dinner tomorrow." Ashlyn explained to them with a fake smile.

"If I could ring Cash Caswells neck just once in my life I would die happy," Andy explained, Ashlyn laughing unshamelessly, she didn't like her uncle either.

"Wait, do you guys wanna come over after dinner tomorrow?" Ashlyn offered.

"I never don't want that." Carlos said before he started to yell out, "Party at Ashlyns after thanksgiving tomorrow! Everyone's invited!"

☆☆☆

EVERYONE SAT IN ASHLYNS HOUSE before Carlos walked in, "The party may begin!" he yelled out, holding something weird.

"You know this is a pot luck and not catering right?" Andy said as she helped him bring his box to the table. She'd only brought muffins.

"This is not food. This is something I've been waiting hears to share with the world. This is High School Musical, the Choosical!" He announced, opening the board game.