013 | act two

xiii

xiii. and we were dancing, dancing,
like we're made of starlight

ASHLYN AND ANDY WALKED INTO THE room, laughing about something, when they saw EJ sitting in the seat with Rickys outfit on.

"What have you done to Ricky?" Ashlyn questioned, knowing that this couldn't end well.

"I didn't do anything, he asked me to fill in," he explained, turning back to his lines and reading over them.

"So it's true, you're actually going on as Troy," Ashlyn said. They had heard rumours but now it had been confirmed.

It was strange. This was everything that EJ had wanted but as he stood here, he wasn't sure if he wanted it anymore. He had other priorities

"Well, I guess a certain part of me wants to say congratulations," she said and he sighed, standing up.

"Well, I guess a certain part of me wants to throw up," he explained and Andy chuckled.

"Wait," Ashlyn said, realising something, "If you're playing Troy, then who's playing Chad?"

Carlos walked onto the room, wearing EJs outfit which was was too big for him, "Buckle up Wildcats, you ready bro,"

"Pray for me," Carlos whispered to the girls before he followed EJ out of the room.

Andy went on stage, continuing to act alongside Nini. She waited backstage, watching EJ and Nini afterwards as she acted awkwardly.

Nini rushed out, staring at her confused, "Why the hell is EJ out there?" She asked.

"Ricky rushed off, something happened. I was about to go but-" Andy started to explain, trying to stay quiet.

"-I get it, I'll go," Nini said, flashing her a smile before walking out to find him.

When Nini rushed out, Andy watched the rest of the scenes before they continued the show.

She watched as EJ and Nini started to perform Breaking Free. He looked back as Ricky walked into the room.

But then he looked over at Andy, knowing that this was his moment to redeem himself. He didn't care about the role, just her.

"What are you doing?" Nini asked as EJ started to go off of his lines.

"Something right, I'm gonna play to lose. I'm not the Troy you want," he said before walking off to Andy.