037 | what i've been looking for

xxxviii

xxxviii. I hate you for what you did,
but I miss you like a little kid

ANDY WALKED TOWARDS THE woods, just needing to take some time to clear her head before she made her decision about what to do with EJ.

She thought they were close, that they had something real but this week had shown the flaws in their relationships.

Her head was spinning with all the awful things going on that she barely heard someone call her name. She turned around, eyes scanning the area until she saw Miss Jenn.

"Miss Jenn? What are you doing here? I thought you'd left," she asked, walking over towards her teacher.

Miss Jenn smiled, "I have something I need to do," she said, holding her hand out, "Can you come with me?"

"Okay," Andy said hesitantly before taking her hand, allowing her to take her to the barn.

"Now don't freak out," Miss Jenn said before opening the doors.

Inside was EJ, standing by himself in the middle of the room. His hand were clasped in front of him and he radiated nervousness.

She had never seen him so worried. Not when he had Big games coming up or when his dad was around.

"Miss Jenn," she protested, turning to her teacher, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"I've never seen two young people care about each other as much as you two, now let's talk," She suggested.

Andy was silent for a second. She did not want to be having this argument in front of her teacher but she had no choice when Ej started talking.

"Andy, what I did was wrong and I've acknowledged that and I'm trying to make up for it," he said, taking a deep breath.

"But?" Andy questioned, she knew that there was something else he wanted to say.

EJ sighed, "But we need to be able to open up to each other, you can't go on the defense every time we have an issue," he explained.

Andy shook her head, she didn't know what to say, especially with Miss Jenn standing there.

"This is so weird, why did you invite our drama teacher to our argument?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she folded her arms across her chest.

"See, and you're getting defensive again, answer the question," he said, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

Miss Jenn felt awkward s she realised she was intruding so she turned to the couple, clearing her throat.

"You two need some time alone, okay, I've got to go so please, try to make it work," Miss Jenn said, smiling at the two before walking away.

The room was silent and there was an awkward tension in the air. They stood there for a moment, avoiding eye contact and not knowing what to do.