031 | happy campers

xxi

xxi. welcome to the shallow
lake of your dreams

WHEN THEY STARTED DRIVING, EJ  decided he was okay with the remaining four hour drive to the camp.

They made it there and walked through the gates, dragging their suitcases and bags through as they looked around.

"Camp shallow lake y'all, this is my second home," EJ said, his hand in Andys as he looked around with a grin on his face.

"Don't you have a second home?" Andy questioned and he just laughed.

"Seriously, I came to this camp an athlete and became an athlete-actor. You come to shallow lake one way and you just become something else," he explained, "It happens to everyone,"

She smiled at him. It was nice to see him in a place that was like home to him.

He had been so stressed, a weight on his shoulders and to see him so relaxed was worth all of it. She could stay here forever.

That's when a girl came over dragging a cart full of stuff, "What's up rocket man?" She asked as she approached EJ.

"How you doing gadget?" He asked the girl, the two embracing in a hug.

The East high group looked at one another. They didn't understand the nicknames or who this girl wad.

"I'm going to need to collect your phones, snacks and all electronic devices," the girl explained.

"Even my Polaroid camera?" She asked and the girl shook her head.

"No, we don't need to confiscate that, but we need phones, laptops, headphones, Nintendo, stuff like that," she explained and they all dumped their stuff in the box, Kourtney being the most reluctant.

They walked through and EJ grabbed Andys hand, dragging her into a clearing as he showed her the scenery.

"It's not bad right?" He said, a grin on his face as he took her hands in his.

"Yeah, it's everything you promised. Plus a whole two weeks with my boyfriend, who wouldn't want that," she said, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Best summer ever. We can chill in the pool together, and sit around the campfire and dance under the stars," he said, a wide grin plastered on his face.

She couldn't imagine a more perfect summer. She was ready to just relax and enjoy his company; she didn't know what would happen.

Andy smiled and Ashlyn, Gina, Kourtney and Carlos walked over, looking at the couple

"I forgot you two are going to be a thing all summer, it's bad enough at school," Carlos said jokingly.

"Well, as a thing in law, I've never been prouder," Ashlyn said.