Chapter 2: S System

Ayanokōji POV

After running through the information throughout the brochure. Yuzuriha Sensei then grabbed a device of sorts and then handed it to me. "Ayanokōji, this is your student ID. Using this you can access the many facilities available on the campus, purchase goods from stores and the whole shebang" she said whilst motioning out the window. "So this is in short your credit card for the next three years. At this school you can buy anything with points - you can purchase anything located on the school campus" she continued.

This of course piqued my interest as Sensei was putting some clear emphasis on the word anything. Having seen that I was somewhat more curious Yuzuriha Sensei had a grin on her face and started walking towards my desk.

As she approached she called out to me "Ayanokōji take a look at where it says balance" as I slowly tapped through and finally found balance, the screen displayed a number of 4,000,000 with the words points alongside it. This is what Sensei meant when she was talking about currency. Then as she reached my desk she announced quite the bomb, the bomb being that each point was worth 1 yen.

After announcing this she turned to look at me with a wider grin than before but it slowly dissolved as it seems that she was looking for a reaction out of me but my ever stoic expression showed no hint of changing. After seeing no reaction from me Sensei proceeded to poke at my cheek with her finger whilst saying "Ahhhhh Ayanokōji you're being a bit boring aren't you, come on you could show a bit of curiosity couldn't you or maybe even disbelief I'd especially love to see the latter as your expression hasn't changed since I first met you" seemingly done with her teasing Sensei went back to the podium with a pout.

It certainly was an unprecedented amount for a high schooler to receive especially as this was a monthly thing however I thought it would be best to let Sensei finish her explanation before drawing any conclusions.

As I turned back to Sensei with a more attentive look she seemed to be a bit happier that I at least had become more immersed in the explanation. "Well Kiyotaka Kun, is it fine if I call you Kiyotaka?" Before having a chance to speak she moved on "Well as you have probably noticed you have quite the sum of money, but the sum of classmates is well not as high, to say the least," As she motioned behind me at the scarce classroom "Of course however anyone views it you have a disadvantage bigger than anyone else here. However to somewhat offset this great disadvantage of yours, you will learn quite a few things about the S system right here right now whilst the rest of the classes figure it out for themselves, still isn't the fairest deal but at least you have a head start albeit one that can be taken away if not cautious of what you do."

After a long ten minute run-through of the S system, I realised what Sensei had meant by the fact that my head start could be lost if I'm not cautious. But from the overall explanation I am currently a secret from the rest of the school, there has never been an S class before and there has also never been a class that started with a lone student, but even though it was like being cut off from the rest it was nice not having to deal with others as my whole life it has always just been me alone doing everything. From the explanation, I also gathered that the classes that would be easiest to cooperate with would probably be the lower classes.

"Should probably scout them out" I muttered, having heard what I said Yuzuriha Sensei wandered over "Scouting huh" she paused "A good choice I must say" as she started to walk away I had a final question.

Whilst thinking back on what was said Sensei specifically chose the words 'quiet a few things' when telling me how much I would learn about the S system meaning that there is still more to it but it is unknown how much is unknown, based on how the word choice was 'quiet a few' I estimated that I had learnt a bit less than half of the system.