Chapter 11: Study Group

Ayanokōji POV

My day had begun similarly to the rest of my days at this school.

Is repeatedly doing similar actions on a daily basis what makes life normal? It certainly is confining you and creating a comfort zone of sorts as you get used to such tasks that they become a part of your daily routine.

There are many ways to define a normal life. Mainly people believe a normal life comprises the ways in which people typically act, think, and feel on a daily basis. Everyday life may be described as mundane, routine, natural, habitual, or normal. Similarly to how a normal high school student would instinctively get ready to go to school on a weekday or how an adult would regularly wake up at similar times to prepare for their day of work ahead.

Since enrolling here my days have followed a similar routine and unconsciously I have formed a daily routine of attending school and if something irregular happens I would think of it as an anomaly in the usual routine. An example of an irregularity that has appeared in my routine school life is the sudden Class D and Class S agreement.

- - - - -

My lesson with Yuzuriha-sensei has just ended and I was making my way over to the Class D classroom. Recently I have noticed the Yuzuriha-sensei is being even more flirtatious than usual, it's been like this since Class D visited the classroom alone, I wonder what brought on this sudden change.

The text I received earlier from Tatsuya seemed to be important as he asked for me to be present in the Class D classroom. I looked back to my phone to see I had received another message from Tatsuya.

Tatsuya
[Hey Ayanonokōji! Can you come to Class D after your break?]

Me
[Sure but why?]

Tatsuya
[You'll understand as soon as you get here]
[Sorry about this]
[Also I have a personal request]

The message was about a personal request? What could we have to discuss that would be personal, although he is one of the few in Class D, no in the entire school that I have interacted with there isn't anything for us to discuss.

I pushed the thought to the side for the moment as I neared the Class D classroom, as I approached the classroom I noticed someone leaving the very same classroom that I was heading towards, he noticed me almost instantly even though I was near the end of the hallway and walked in my direction.

As we walked towards each other I didn't look at him at all and stared straight ahead whilst it appeared that he was also doing the same as he never once spared a glance in my direction looking straight ahead, as I walked alongside him for a brief moment he glanced at me whilst I did the same making eye contact for a split second before looking forward again.

Kōenji... from what I had gathered from a brief interaction was that he was one to stand out from the rest, he held himself in high regards, going as far as to call himself the perfect existence, though it does make me wonder what he would call me. Would he stop calling himself the perfect existence? Or would he maybe say he is perfect but I am beyond perfect?

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell since I don't understand him well so there is no reason to ponder over such topics when I would not be able to reach a definitive conclusion.

As I pushed even more thoughts to the side I pondered the reasons as to why I would personally have to come to Class D. They already had all the details of the agreement and all they had to do was simply make a contract listing these agreements.