Chapter 3: Club Fair

Ayanokōji POV

As the next day rolled around I woke up at 6 am and proceeded to do a morning workout, this would be necessary to maintain my physique especially if I were to be involved in a 'special exam' that requires athleticism over other qualities such as academics. Due to me not having any access to any equipment right now I opted to do the hardest exercises you can do without equipment.

I did each exercise for a minute with a ten-second break in between and did around 25 minutes of exercise in total. After this, I ran around the outer edge of the campus for 30 minutes whilst taking in the beautiful view of the ocean. As I've only really ever read and seen it within books within that place. After returning I took a shower and got ready for the new day. I felt much more energetic than usual, maybe this was due to the excitement of what this new life will bring me.

After getting ready I realised I had time to spare and decided to research someone who interested me, Ichika Yuzuriha.

After typing that into the search bar many results came up all about a child genius prodigy who went on to discover many groundbreaking things, It seemed that she was famous across the whole world being discussed as being in the top 50 smartest people of all time. Her official IQ has not been revealed but it is presumed to be around the 160 - 180 range. This certainly answers the question that I had yesterday as to why she said she doesn't specialise in any subject as she is also described as the most well-rounded genius, showing amazing results in multiple fields of work. The only possible reason for her being here at ANHS is that she was selected by either that man or the director of the school, the most likely possibility is that both of them agreed, to be my specific homeroom teacher whilst also teaching me all my subjects since having a genius teacher would mean that they correctly understand all the materials they're going through. Which depending on her teaching ability my knowledge would most definitely improve, not as efficiently as the white room but still improving nonetheless.

Seeing as the time for school had arrived I set out from my dorm room. Before leaving I noticed that I had left the room in nearly the exact same state I had found it in when I first entered yesterday.

"I'll be going now"

I whispered these words to myself, I had always wanted to say that and since I had a home to return to now it seems like the right thing to do. It also made me just that bit more excited to return at the end of the day.

- - - - -

When I arrived at the classroom I noticed the new 10 desks set up and once again set my bags down beside my desk. After waiting a few minutes the bell rang signalling the start of homeroom, I instinctively turned my gaze towards the sliding door however it didn't open, I sat there slightly confused still focused on the closed door. Another minute had passed and there was no change, so I decided to get up and decided to investigate the case of the missing homeroom teacher. As I approached the door It slammed open to reveal an out of breath Yuzuriha sensei, after noticing me standing there she flashed me a weak smile.

"Ahhh... Kiyotaka Kun"

It seems that she had run here in a panic after oversleeping as she still had some bed hair.

I made my way back to my seat whilst Sensei sluggishly made her way over to the podium. It seems that Sensei was still very tired since as soon as she got to the podium she was slumped over it and sleeping again. As it looked comfortable for her I decided to leave her be.

The end of homeroom had arrived and since Yuzuriha Sensei was still asleep I thought it would be best to wake her up. After nudging her slightly she made woke up whilst groaning at the fact that she had to wake up. In all honestly, it's nice to her like this but she kind of has to teach my classes so it'd be best to wake her up.