Chapter 15: Limelight

3rd person POV

As Ayanokōji pondered the idea of his introduction to his visitors, all the classes were celebrating their exam results, many relieved to have pulled through themselves whilst the majority happy to see no expulsions in their classes.

The euphoria of no expulsions was also surprisingly shared by Class D who managed to pull through without losing a single student, after managing to attain that are grades decently high, in comparison to the safety mark, the three idiots are looked on with much less scorn from their classmates for being burdens. In truth, their safety may cost Class D in the future, after all that future is held in the hands of one person...

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka

Someone known by everyone in Class D, some consider him a friend whilst there are those who are wary of him, however, none of them know of the cards he holds...

His high status of Class S is of course met with resentment from the lowest of the classes, feeling belittled by the large gap between them. Class D has always been split, never being something that could be considered united, following this pattern, the views on Ayanokōji also are split in Class D.

Although a minuscule minority do seem to harbour ill will towards Ayanokōji, some are fond of him and his calm and mature nature there are even those who consider him an opponent they would like to compete with.

A combination of a faint click and thud was heard followed by the creaking of a chair.

"Where are you going?" Tatsuya questioned, narrowing his eyes as though interrogating Horikita.

"To visit Class S."

She replied curtly leaving Tatsuya wondering the reasons as to why she would go to Class S.

"Hey wait up!"

Unable to think up a definitive answer Tatsuya hurriedly got out of his seat to catch up to Horikita who has already left the classroom, walking ahead not waiting for anyone.

"Hey man, where are you two going?" Sudō threw a question Tatsuya's way as he hurried out of the classroom.

"I don't know, I'm just following her lead I guess."

With that Tatsuya peered out the classroom door to catch Horikita, however, once he saw her he also found a very intimidating character who stood face to face with Horikita.

"Read for round 2, Suzune?" Ryūen smugly said.

Horikita scoffed at the provocative phrasing of the question. Knowing that spending more time near him would just lead to more irritating questions thrown at her, Horikita decided to move on towards the stairs leading up to the second level

A smug grin found its way to Ryūen's face, after all, pestering class D was never not fun. From the corner of his eye, Ryūen caught the sight of a black-haired male student peeking around the door.

Though the gaze of the black-haired male was not at Ryūen himself but instead Horikita who had just walked past Ryūen and his entourage.

After a couple of seconds, Tatsuya's gaze finally turned towards the lean figure of Ryūen and quickly realised that he was also being stared at. Tatsuya wanted to follow Horikita to understand what she was up to but he was a bit worried by the imposing figure of Ryūen. Most if not all the first years have heard about the tyrant called Kakeru Ryūen and he was feared by many.

Mainly known and feared for his tyrannical rule and belligerent attitude, he gives a new meaning to these hands are rated e for everyone.

Steeling his nerves Tatsuya took a long deep breath and prepared to walk past the menace himself.