SS1: Professor Ayanokōji - Unique Experiment

Professor Ayanokōji's POV:

Another morning arrives, in a similar fashion to a few of my days I surveyed the remaining pupils of the white room. Sitting down in the observation deck all felt routine, until...

*Knock*

I heard a single knock on the door, usually, my time in the observation room is spent uninterrupted, however that does not seem to be the case today.

"Enter." On my command, the figure entered the room, most likely one of the head scientists. Closing the door and standing beside it he began to explain his reasoning for entering:

"Sir, sorry to disturb you however you are needed in the main office." With that short announcement, the scientist exited swiftly, closing the door behind him.

*Sigh* Breathing a light sign I got up making my way to my office.

- - - - -

As I continued to analyse the performance statistics I was interrupted... Again.

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking..." cutting through the silence of the office was the voice of one of the many head scientists within the white room facility, he

"Hmmmm?" I hummed in reply as I continued to scan the documents laid out before me.

"What is it that subject #401 is to gain from exposure to the outside?" A short silence came to pass before the scientist spoke up again.

"I meant no disrespec-"

"I know," I answered which helped calm his nerves, thinking back to his questions there are quite a few reasons for choosing such an anomalous route to send Kiyotaka on.

"I once asked myself why I did so, but after a small matter of time, it was obvious... How do you expect an animal to excel in the wild when it's been a pet its entire life. Every need is looked after and every wish fulfilled. The purpose, you could say of this is to let the boy understand the outside world, the world which he is to rule over."

Pausing, I looked to the ceiling, contemplating something.

"In all honesty, both this experiment and the outside world are the same... they're both unforgiving, if you can't figure that out how are you to rule it?" As I rambled on the scientist continued to listen with great interest, I guess the rarity of the situation piqued his curiosity.

Society will not allow you the gift of no repercussions, it would be best to be able to learn that where you can grasp what is to come and with his place in school it gives him a place to make mistakes and learn from them after all this masterpiece isn't a finished article. However, the Advanced Nurturing High School is one with constant competition at its forefront

"Although I doubt he would need the freedom of stumbling and being allowed to pick himself up," I mumbled to no one in particular.

It seems he heard my mumbling as he shot up once I had uttered the words. "Will you not go visit him?"

Breathing a heavy sigh, I thought about my answer before continuing "A masterpiece doesn't need someone to hold their hand and guide them, if he can't adapt no matter what kind of masterpiece he is here, all he really is, is... a fraud."

Thinking about Kiyotaka he subconsciously tries to reject the ideals I push, the very same with my father...

Looking back... perhaps it must be hardwired into us to reject our fathers, so we can move on and grow.

Become something of our own, leaving our own stamp on the vast world, no matter how small or big it may be.

I hope that's what he's doing, coming into his own.

A/N:
Hey! Sorry I've been gone for a long while I felt bad leaving my fic so I'm getting back into it with a smaller chapter, sorry about that, nonetheless hope you enjoyed and I hope I can continue it.

See y'all next chapter, thanks for all the support!