Chapter 4: Interactions

Ayanokōji POV

After the club fair yesterday I pondered over the possibility of me joining the student council and the advantages it would provide me. I could have a strong influence on the school, as it seems that the student council runs this school, in addition to this it gives me access to information this is crucial due to the lack of my own social network. However, I decided if I were to join I'd at least wait until the announcement of the existence of S class. Having completed my morning workout I showered and got ready for my day ahead.

I entered the empty classroom and sat down. As I waited I listened to the sounds of the birds outside. Suddenly the bell rang snapping me back to reality. Similarly to yesterday the door did not open instantly. She probably overslept again, huh. I waited in my seat the whole time gazing out the window.

After a while, the bell sounded again to indicate that homeroom was over. This has me more confused than I was yesterday as Yuzuriha-Sensei didn't appear at all during the homeroom period. As there was a short time between my next lesson I decided to check for her.

I knocked on the door of the faculty room.

"Come in"

After entering I only saw 4 teachers and didn't see Yuzuriha sensei anywhere inside.

"Is Yuzuriha Sensei here?"

"Yuzuriha? she doesn't seem to be in today"

A woman who appears to be in her mid-twenties was the one that replied to me. Her black hair was tied in a ponytail, and paired with her black suit, she looked like someone who was a strict teacher.

After finding out that sensei wasn't in today I excused myself from the faculty room, immediately after leaving I bumped into someone.

She was wearing casual clothes, blue jeans accompanied by a pink shirt. Her casual dressing style was completely contradictory when compared to the teacher I had interacted with earlier. She had chest-length brown hair and shining purple eyes, resembling amethysts.

She had landed on the floor but had managed to hold onto her papers. After saying 'owww' and rubbing her forehead, since her forehead had hit my chest. I reached my hand out and gently lifted her up, to which she flashed a bright smile. Cute

"Sorry about that"

"Don't worry about it, I wasn't watching where I was going" she replied whilst pointing to her papers to indicate that was the cause of her misplaced focus.

"So what were you looking for in the faculty room?"

"I was looking for Yuzuriha sensei" I responded.

"Oh, Chika chan?" Chika-chan? I thought her first name was Ichika. "She told me she wasn't feeling her best so she wasn't able to come in today."

*sigh* after realising my teacher was probably not going to be in for the rest of the day I just instinctively sighed.

"Are you by any chance Kiyotaka-kun" Uhhhhh... how does she know? Is she some sort of psychic?

"Uhhhh yeah, that's me."

After realising that her guess was right she seemed to have become more interested, just what have I got myself into. She started to patrol around me whilst observing me closely. Is this normal behaviour for a teacher?

"Do you have a girlfriend Kiyotaka-kun" ... No seriously what is going on here

"No" I replied bluntly to try and end her inspection of me.