thirteen

eva's pov:

after thinking for a long time, and when i say long, i mean long time, i decided, i do like anna. i find myself blushing when i hear her name, but i don't see her much, cause she's always in my room.

i decide to call my parents and tell them i'm bi before anything. even though i hate them for dong this, i did find my love.

"hi mom, hi dad" i say, over facetime.

"hi sweetie, how are you, me and dad miss you so much,"

"i miss you both too,"

"so, do you have a reason to call us?" dad asks.

"i have an important thing to say, which i found out once i came here,"

"ok, tell us when you are ready,"

"ok, i am b-bi, like girls and boys,"

mom and dad start laughing, and get quiet when they realize it's not a joke.

"no honey, you are straight, you like boys,"

"i don't, i have a crush on this one girl,"

"no, you will marry a rich boy,"

"no, i will not mom, i like girls and boys,"

"no, we forbid you from liking girls,"

"dad, you can't say that,"

"we can, you belong to us,"

i cut the call and sit on my bed. i like a girl and my parents say it's wrong to like girls. is it wrong to like girls? i was always taught i am suppose to love boys only, but now i like this girl, and my friends telling me i like girls is ok?

i go downstairs and see emma sitting on the couch. i like all the girls, but emma is the one i can always talk to. 

"em, can i talk to you?" i ask. "sure," she says, pulling me onto her lap. "is it wrong to like girls?" i ask. "what, no! who told you that," she asks. "my parents," i mutter. "no, they are wrong. there are many people who are bi.  it is totally ok," she reassures.