Lowground

"Don't let an injury be the deterring factor of who you are and who you are known to be. Instead, try to use it as a learning experience so you'll be better off when you come back."
~Mota

— - 0 - —

Kaeya stands up and walks to the entrance way, his eyes widened. "It's an Abyss mage!"

The hydro Abyss mage floats with its transparent, shield bubble encasing it. It makes its way through the hilichurl tribe. The hilichurls themselves don't dare look into its eyes- er, mask? When the mage is close to them they step back away and are more hunched over instead of their normal standing stature. They stand but act more like bowing.

It clicks. The Abyss mage is looking for someone. For them.

Kaeya walks back to Ella who is laying down. "An abyss mage is here. It's hydro."

Ella's eyes winder. "We have to get away."

"I can take it."

"But your arm, your shoulders. You can't fight with a sword with that," Ella says, standing up to try to match Kaeya's height.

"I can do it."

"No you can't! You're just a..." Ella yells, but it fades to silence.

"What? What am I?" Kaeya yells, stomping his foot.

Ella trembling whispers out, "It's behind you..."

Kaeya swiftly turns around just in time to hear the abyss mage make strange noises.

Ella grabs the knight's hand and the two run out of the hut. They are blocked by hilichurls who are armed with clubs.

Kaeya draws out his sword and points it at the ebony.

"No!" Ella yells. She grabs the shower hand and pushes it down. The tip following and hitting the ground. "Don't hurt the hilichurls. I think they are under the influence of the abyss."

"How do you know?"

"I don't know. It's just a hunch."

The abyss makes more strange noises. The hilichurls take a step forward, their shuled down and sword out.

"Attack the abyss." Ella pushes Kaeya toward the mage and she runs away.

"What are you-" Kaeya says But is interrupted by hilichurls. "I'm not going to hurt you."

He dodges the hilichurls attack and continues to run forward to his main enemy. The hydro abyss mage.

Kaeya attacks with a swing of his sword. Pain shoots on his shoulder like electrification. He drops his sword.

The mage makes a noise that sounds like laughter. It shoots Kaeya with water. He falls or slips on the grass.

"I can't do this..."

Kaeya notices a strange hilichurl. It doesn't look like the others. They are straight and battle ready but this one is shaking like it was insane.

It stopped and seemed to go back to sanity.

The hilichurl runs towards Kaeya. Kaeya tries to get away fearing for his life. He was already injured and couldn't fight.

The hilichurl grabs Kaeya sword and points it to the mage. The mage is quite literally taken aback as it floats backward. It gets its confidence back and shoots the hilichurls back. The hilichurl grabs Kaeya with his sword when the two of them hear a scream.

"Help!"

The hilichurl rains toward the little girl who has cuts on her arms. She looks more like he has been running through a thorn bush than away from many armed hilichurls.