19

We had arrived on a breathtaking property. A big, modern, fancy building in front of us, looking like the house of a millionaire. Or a drug dealer. Which was probably not even slightly on the worst list of felonys these people could be charged with.

 Chan headed towards an underground car park, stopping the car at the intercom. 

"Hey, Chan." A deep voice answered, making me jump in surprise. 

"Oi, Felix." Chan replied. "You're back already? Did you get her stuff?" Deeper than the ocean voice was barkeeper Felix that had taken Sana home.

"Sure, hi Y/N!" The deep voice addressed me by name. "Sana's home safe and sound by the way." It shocked me originally when he called my name but then I realized that Sana and him had been talking all night, ending up in her probably telling him my name. A little stone fell from my heart, hearing that she was safe.

"Are you gonna let us in, 'Lix?" Chan asked a little impatient after I hadn't said anything in return.  Felix chuckled and audibly pressed a button, opening the gate.

"Enjoy your stay at Stray Kids Headquarters." He joked, mimicking a flight attendant.

Chan parked the car and got out, walking to the passenger door and opening it for me. I didn't immediately get out, making him stand there, waiting. I knew I had to get out eventually but for now I felt safer in the car than in this massive unknown building.

"Chan!" 

A young man with brown hair called out, excitement written all over his face. He looked like a little kid, nothing about him screamed gang member to me. Pure innocence dripping from his presence. Chan smiled at the child in front of him as if he was his proud father.

"Hi! I'm Jeongin! Chan has told us all about-" The boy stuck his head in the car to see me, his foxy features giving me the brightest smile ever. Chan nudged him slightly, signaling him to not finish his sentence.

"Well, anyways! Hi! Glad to meet you! C'mon I'll show you around!" His happiness infecting me to a degree, causing me to genuinely smile a little and getting out of the car.

If Chan used a voodoo technique, this kids smile simply outshined the sun on it's brightest day, making everything else seem irrelevant.

Damn these charming criminals and their working brainwashing tactics.

Speaking of Chan, he was watching us carefully, following behind us, as Jeongin was leading the way out of the car park, babbling something about a guest room. 

"Y/N." 

Chan called out, making me stop walking behind Jeongin and turn around to him. 

"Please text Sana. Tell her you're safe and staying over at my house. You will talk to her more tomorrow." Chan instructed, handing me my phone. I hadn't even realized he had taken it, staring at him with a blank expression. 

"What did you do with it?" I asked. "Block the police's number?" I made him chuckle deeply.

"If I thought measures like that were necessary I would have left you at the club." He coldly answered making me gulp. 

"Right, Chan- Seungmin told me to send you to him right when you're back! He said your wound still needs treatment." Jeongin chirped, making Chan sigh. 

The bullet injury. His shoulder bleeding. The vodka bottle and tweezers on my couch. 

It somehow felt like it has been months since the encounter happened, despite happening only 24 hours ago. Chan nodded, deep in thought.