Sorry, I Love You

My guess was confirmed when I turned around to the intruder and a wide eyed Chan looked back at me. 

The worst possible person to have heard a single word of our conversation. Just. My. Luck.

Denying the allegations would be useless. He probably had heard all of it. 

"I'm gonna go look for Jihyo" Sana said and left me alone to face my mess. I sent her a pleading but threatening glare as if to say 'Don't you dare leave me I need you'. She completely ignored me and walked past me to exit through that very same door my problem had just entered through. Once she reached it, she turned around to mouth 'good luck' to me and then she shut the door behind her. 

Making him start walking up towards me.

I should've just jumped off the damn roof when I had the chance. 

"Hyunjin told me you went up here". That's what he decided to answer to my confession? At least I wasn't the only one making this difficult. 

Whatever 'this' was.

"Are you gonna tell me anything?" His confidence seemed to be through the roof today. 

No I'm going to try biting off my tongue and swallowing it instead

"I've already said enough" I mumbled and he grinned at me.

"Oh, really? What were you guys talking about?" he faked curiosity so well I almost believed him, his shit-eating grin exposing the truth. I groaned in annoyance. 

"I know you heard it. I'm not going to say it again". Frustration and embarrassment visible in my voice.

A tomato probably looked pale next to my face at this point. 

"Don't worry, babygirl. I heard it." 

He snorted amused. "I think the entire city heard, actually". I rolled my eyes.

"So, tell me" His eyes found mine. "Why?"

"What do you mean why? Why I like you?" I blurted out earning a chuckle from him. 

"I thought you weren't gonna say it again?" Damn you Bang Chan. "I meant why you chose to tell the entire world but me? But I guess you could also tell me all of the hundred reasons why you're in love with me. My ego would love that".

Now it was my turn to snort. "I never said anything about loving you. I'm not even really sure I like you."

Chan raised an eyebrow at my statement. "Well I could always help you figure it out," his eyes scanned over my lips so quickly, I wouldn't have noticed it if I blinked. 

"Remind me again, I forgot the right order, maybe I misheard" he smirked his eyes getting darker.

"Was it 'I fucking like you Bang Chan' or 'I like fucking you Bang Chan'?" My eyes went so wide, they were about to pop out. 

"I- what- how the fuck are you this cocky and confidence all of a sudden? You were mopping around and not able to even look at me like yesterday?"

"Guess that's what happens when you hear the girl that you're in love with reciprocate."

"I never said that I'm in love with you".

"But I just did".

My heart was beating so fast I was concerned for my health. And then it came to a complete hold when his words finally sunk in.

He is in love with me

His grins and smirks were gone, now replaced by a loving smile.

"So now I just need to know one other thing". Chan scratched his head, his cheeks blushing slightly. "Do you really regret kissing me?"

Not at all. 

It was incredible to see how his demeanor changed once it got serious. The same person who talked about fucking just a minute ago without blinking twice was blushing when talking about kissing. 

The scary gang leader that wasn't afraid of death and war was afraid of rejection.

Make it make sense. 

"And would I be able to kiss you again? It doesn't have to be now or any time soon- I just want you to be comfortable-" he was rambling.

Instead of answering him I closed my eyes and pressed my lips on his shutting him up.

After a split second of realization I could feel his lips moving against mine. When I pulled away his eyes sparkled and he smiled at me so bright I swear my heart was going to explode.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but usually screaming their name from the rooftop and kissing someone willingly does indicate that you like them?"

At this point I was sure he could probably hear my frantic heartbeat. However his confidence seemed to have been passed over to me through our connected lips.

"Oh, come on. It's probably just some sort of Stockholm syndrome" now it was my turn to grin at his perplex expression.

"What?" 

"One of the first times we met you literally kidnapped and imprisoned me here so it would be a reasonable explanation for my feelings" I shrugged with a grin but realized my mistake only when he mirrored my expression and raised an eyebrow.

"Your feelings, huh?" he was mocking me. And although I had most definitely said it enough times already, he provoked it to spill out of me again, making me explode.

"Yes my feelings! I'm bad with words but I fucking like you Bang Chan! My knees get weak when you look at me, my heart is beating out of my chest when you smile and I want to kiss you all of the fucking time! I got so jealous of Jihyo possibly being your girlfriend and then hurt myself by hurting you. I don't know-" I cut myself off. That was a lie, I did know. 

I turned towards the rooftop again, looking over the tall buildings of the city, taking another deep breath.

"I'm fucking in love with you Bang Chan!" 

He took my hand to pull me towards him and away from the edge of the roof. Then he threw his hands around me and hugged me tight.

"Thank god" he whispered, nuzzling his head into my hair and softly kissing my head. 

Being in his arms felt so right. Like everything suddenly made sense. 

Our peace and quietness only disturbed by a helicopter we hadn't noticed before coming closer and closer.