Collision

"I've invited everyone that's part of the alliance to make a final plan for our mission."

Chan stated a few days after our decision. The thing that so far had only been theoretical was about to become reality. We were planning to murder Taeyongs father. 

Well, we were making a plan so Chan could kill him. 

All of our allies concluded Itzy, NCT and Twice. 

Hyunjin rolled his eyes at the indirect mention of his dear sister. Taeyong and his men would join us soon and I still hadn't grasped how many there were. 20? It seemed like an entire army was on our side. 

Unfortunately since we've had our problems in the past, that fact didn't calm me in the slightest. Sana sat next to me and judging by her facial expression she seemed just as worried as I was.

"I'm scared," she whispered, making me raise my eyebrow. Sana, the experienced gang member was afraid? "We're working with Jihyo and my old team and-" her voice broke as she got chocked up remembering everything that went down. 

I hadn't even considered how all of this had to be for her. Betraying her own gang to save me and her boyfriend and getting kicked out of what she considered her family before. The ones she spent most of her time with while living a double life and trying to hide who she really was in front of me. 

Yeji was the first to arrive, bringing all of the girls with her. She hugged me and nodded towards Chan in acknowledgement before sitting down across from her brother and sticking her tongue out at him in a childish way. 

Ryujin and Lia took the seats next to her while Ryujin winked at me shamelessly. Lia just smiled. Either none of them could grasp the seriousness of the situation or even worse, all of them were too used to it. 

At the end of the day this was their job.

And it was mine now as well. 

Chaeryeong and Yuna were the only ones that visibly felt the tension. Both of them entering with complete poker faces and choosing to stand behind Yeji, leaning onto the wall. 

NCT was next to arrive and them entering the room seemed to have no end. I made it my goal to count all of them, not recognizing most of them. Taeyong, Johnny and Mark were the only ones I knew by name. The other one from the cafè that refused to let me go stood alongside them and I couldn't help but shudder. 

23.

23 goddamn people. 

That's an entire soccer field. With two teams and a referee. 

Taeyongs shit eating grin was ever present as my mouth still stood wide open, recounting every single member. It were indeed 23 members. Knowing that all of them were on our side was a tiny bit better than being against them. But working with Taeyong still felt unsafe. 

Twice were the last to arrive. All eight of them looked like they were invited to a fashion event instead of an assassination. Sana tensed up noticeably, watching all of her old friends enter the room.

Jihyo didn't bother to look at her, ignoring her presence completely. I could feel Sana shiver next to me and reached out to take her hand, reassuring her it was okay. 

"Damn, he really did convince Jihyo," Han whispered to Changbin, nodding in Taeyongs direction. Even though Taeyong had already proven it to us, most of us were still not convinced. 

He could've somehow faked the phone call after all, but her actually showing up meant he had been telling the truth. On this part, anyways. 

Trusting him fully wasn't a mistake I was willing to make. 

"Thank you for coming," Chan began, seemingly addressing everyone but his gaze focused on Jihyo only. She simply nodded in response. 

"I've called for this meeting because all of us have a united mission." He looked around the room, meeting many pairs of eyes. "We need to eliminate Lee Soo Man."

Shouts of agreement were heard throughout the room but Chan kept going. 

"I appreciate all of us putting our differences to the side to work on this important issue together and I would be grateful if we could keep this alliance even after this mission has succeeded. Peace is good but alliance is great." His eyes landed on me when he finished the sentence, giving me a quick nod as if to say I did a good job forming this alliance. 

"You got a plan for killing my old man or what, Bang Chan?" Taeyong cut in impatiently. Chan took a deep breath while Jihyo and Yeji were sending death glares Taeyongs way. 

"Why haven't you made one, I heard it was your idea?" Yejis voice was dripping with venom. Taeyong just smiled at her, looking like a lost puppy. His duality was crazy.

He was absolutely insane. 

How had I just realized that?

"Shut up Taeyong." Jihyo sounded cold and definitive, making Taeyong shrug as if he was innocent and he indeed stopped talking. 

So Taeyong didn't have any dirt on her or was forcing her to be here. She wouldn't treat him that way if he did. Right?

"I thought we might need preparation time to get used to one another so I planned for d-day in 3 weeks." Chan explained and everyone nodded. "I suggest having mixed teams according to our professions and general tasks." He nodded towards Felix who clicked something on his iPad, transforming the table into a field with our heads on them similar to the one where we planned to free Johnny. 

Chan was the one in front next to a marked red target. Alongside him stood Taeyongs name, while Yuta, Minho, Jihyo, Momo, Sana and I were mentioned just a few millimeters below. I held my breath in shock. 

"No." Jihyos voice echoed loudly, breaking the silence. Sana squeezed my hand tightly and I looked at her disheveled state.

Chan looked up at Jihyo in surprise. 

"No?" He replied, sounding as though he didn't know what that word meant. Jihyo nodded her cold gaze fixed on Sana this time. 

"No, I'm not going to team up with a traitor."

Sana shrunk a few sizes under her intense gaze, while every single person in this room stopped breathing. Aside from Taeyong who snickered like a maniac. 

But I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Not when my best friend next to me was suffering. So I took a deep breath and  turned to her to defend Sana without missing a beat. 

"Remember when you told me not to unite with the enemy? Seems a little hypocritical if you ask me."