Victory Song

He was going to test me in both of Minhos and Jisungs categories at the same time. A talking fist fight, if you will.

I didn't even have the time to get changed out of the short red dress I was still wearing. Even though Chan gave me the option of a 10 minute preparation break. 

Jisung was the one telling me to keep it on. "Your mission was to distract and you were definitely successful with that" he pointed to my dress. "And if you're fighting him, distraction is your best tactic, because if we're honest, you're not anywhere near his fighting skill level."

He was a hundred percent right.

"Just one additional tip: surprise attacks always work in the favor of the underdog". 

Distract, surprise and avoid getting hit. Thanks Jisung. 

"Okay, here are the rules: I'm gonna judge the fight regardless of technique or how many punches you're able to land." Minho spoke, cracking his knuckles. "There's no limits or foul play," he wiggled his eyebrows in my direction. "Whoever surrenders or falls to the ground first, loses."

Minho stepped between us. A slight smile on his face as he turned to face me.

"I'm rooting for you". That made me even more anxious. Hearing something like that from cold hearted Minho felt like a love declaration. 

If I messed this up, I wouldn't be able to spent time with any of them anymore.

No pressure though.

My opponent stood straight parallel to me on the mat, taking a deep breath with his eyes closed.

What was I thinking when I had agreed to this?

"Ready?" Minho stuck his right arm in the air and looked at Chan. 

Not at all.

"Fight!" He brought his arm down and left the space between us to stand next to the mat and evaluate our fight. 

Chan opened his eyes and they fixated on their target. Me.

I wouldn't even win against him if he was fighting with both arms tied behind his back. 

I nervously got into position. Both hands balled into fists and held up in front of my face protectively. The side of his mouth curled up at my figure. 

"I'm sorry, I can't go easy on you, babygirl".

The pet name immediately made memories from the first time we met flood back into my head. When he broke into my home through my balcony door and fought some gangsters with an apple. It felt like it was such a long time ago. 

I felt a striking pain running through my neck. It happened too quickly for me to notice or react. He had lunged forward and hit my neck with his palm, returning to his place right after.

I winced in pain, my hand reflexively covering the area he had hurt. A flash of concern went through his eyes. 

Fuck.

I can't lose this.

But I was going to. 

Another memory went through my head. This time it was the second time he broke in- or I let him in. When he had gotten shot and left the bullet on my couch table. 

The bullet wound. 

I lunged forward, my hand aiming towards his shoulder where he had been wounded all these months ago. He caught my hand with such ease, it felt like he had known about my idea before I acted on it.

"Again, I'm sorry babygirl". He twisted my hand and my bones cracked. I screamed from pain, trying to pull away, but he held me close to his body. "If you pull any more, it will break" he warned. 

He finally let go off me and I caressed my wrist carefully with my other hand. 

Fair conditions?

He could break every single bone of my body while I couldn't even harm a single hair on his head. Jisungs words of advice echoed in my head. I was a good distraction. I forced myself to put on a smile.

"You want to know what I thought Jihyo was mad about?" I tried to hide my definitely visible pain. 

"Tell me". 

"I thought she was your girlfriend". His expression was priceless. The confidence I had felt when I talked to Taeyeong slowly made its way back up to my brain. I puffed out my chest, and stroked the material of my dress, his eyes following my every move.

"She's not". 

The way he said it made another wave of relief wash over me. I know. Thank god.

I tried to land another hit, but the element of surprise wasn't on my side this time. I should've attacked earlier when I had him confused. He just dodged me fist and turned around to kick his foot up right into my stomach, knocking the air out of me. 

Don't fall my mind screamed at me as I stumbled backwards from the impact.

I coughed, tears welling up in my eyes. It hurt so bad. Maybe he fractured my rib with that kick. Seungmin would kill both of us if that was the case. 

Would Seungmin even treat my injuries if I lost this fight and wasn't part of Stray Kids anymore? 

Probably not. That made me tears almost spill. Almost.

Determination ran through my veins.

I couldn't lose this.

No matter what it took. 

"C-Chan" I sounded so weak when I coughed out his name. Guilty eyes starred into mine. 

"Just give up Y/N. Please" he was nearly begging. But I wouldn't grant his wish. 

"Never". My arms were still clutched around my tummy, the pain didn't get any less. 

"Why?" he furrowed his brows and his eyes went to Minho for a split second. There was only one correct answer to that question.

"'Cause I'm a Stray Kid". I smiled weakly at him. 

"You shouldn't have to be," he shook his head as if he was disappointed in my response. 

"I want to be". Confidence took over me again. 

And I want to stay. I need to.

'Surprise attacks always work in favor of the underdog.'

"Chan, can we take a break?" My puppy eyes looked up at him and he nodded slowly. "Sure."

I dropped my defensive posture and wasted no time taking a step forward to attack him, pressing my lips on his. 

His eyes widened in shock and when they were about to pop out of his skull, he kissed me back.

That's when I put my leg under his and kicked it away to make him fall for me. 

And when he fell with his back onto the mat, he wrapped his arms around me protectively, taking me down with him. 

"Y/N wins!"