1.

Rory was in Europe, with her Grandma Emily, to get away from her mom Lorelai, for accusing her of sleeping with Dean, a married man.

The problem was, she never slept with him, never wanted to, however when you jump over a bed to dodge gropey hands, sheets get mussed up.

The mussed sheets were enough for her mom to paint her with the home wrecker title.

Luckily for her Luke, Lane and Lindsey believed her, it was a sad time in the world when Dean's wife believed her, but her mom didn't.

So with her mom refusing to talk to her, Dean trying to stalk her, she had gone with Emily, to hide and try and plan something.

An entire summer to figure out a plan, with the help of Emily.

Emily's first step, was sending Richard and a moving company to take her car and belongings and store them at their house until the girls return.

Richards first step after following Emily's wishes was to call his mother Trix, explain everything and get approval to name Rory as heiress.

Trix's first move was to call Edward Hayden, Rory's great grandfather from her fathers side, Trix knew the Hayden's had ignored Rory, that had to change.

Edward's first move after hearing the news, was to change his will, putting Rory as his heiress, and then he called his son and grandson to sort them out.

Straub, Rory's paternal grandfather, blustered through, until being told he had his fortune, built through his legal career, so Rory was now heiress of Edward's fortune.

Chris just wined about Lorelai, not marrying him, Edward informed him he had placed Rory as heiress, and to sort himself out.

Emily's next step was to scream into a pillow as she was informed that Rory was expected to visit Trix before they left London.

It was with a small smile that Rory entered Trix's parlour for afternoon tea, coming to a stop as she noticed the elderly man next to her gran.

"Rory this is Edward Hayden. It was long past time you and he met." Trix introduced her.

Rory gave him a slight head nod and sat herself on the love seat studying the two elders in front of her, as they studied her in return.

"Well you are here to discuss your future. You are being named the Gilmore heiress, after Richard. Edward has also named you his heiress. You need to uphold both names now." Trix informed her then waited to see how the girl handled the information.

"What is expected? Will you help me?" She said, unconcerned about the money, she didn't care about that, all she cared about was proving to her family they made the right decision.

"Emily will help you, as much trouble as I give her, she knows her stuff. Just remember to be a kid and have fun. Oh and buy an apartment near Yale, get out of her house, or you'll be turned into her." Trix said with a grin.

Rory let out a surprised giggle at her gran's humour and nodded in agreement.

"I'll get a friend to help with the apartment hunt, he'll send you a list of suitable property, you look through it and send him back the ones you like. Then you can narrow it down from there." Edward said smiling at Rory.

Rory nodded and the two elders could see her brain ticking through the types of apartments she wanted to look at.

Trix handed her a document case, it had lists and bank details and her new id forms, including a new passport with both her last names listed on it.

Rory knew her birth name was Gilmore-Hayden however her mom wanted her to be Gilmore, so they could match.

It was late afternoon when Rory met back up with Emily and went through all the papers with her.

Emily started making lists of clothes she would need, there were a lot of gowns on that list, and designers.

Rory added a few things to the list, new electronics and a new SUV she was also making her apartment list, she was trying to think ahead to her new life and what she would need.

Emily was talking about boys, suitable boys, and that Rory needed to be wary of the ones only after her money.

Rory was giggling with Emily over some of the funnier stories of Emily's school days, with boys after money, and her own mothers reaction to said boys.

Then she was suitably impressed when Emily told her about how she met Richard, that they fell in love, she talked about Yale being the best place on earth.

Rory talked about her childhood, the talks her mom had given her, on childbirth and sex, how scared Rory was to even think about becoming that intimate with someone.

Emily surprised her again, by promising to get her an appointment with a doctor for birth control before they left London, it was something Rory had wanted ever since Jess, but Lorelai refused.

Emily also gave her the positive sides to intimacy, both physical and emotional, it was a bit awkward, but Rory needed to hear about it, in a good way.

Emily realised that the best friends label on Lorelai and Rory wasn't accurate, it was more like Lorelai trying to do her life over.

Poor Rory was just the chess piece, Lorelai pushed Harvard and journalism on her before she knew what either one was.

Then she paraded around dating men, when the entire world could see that she should be with Luke, and when she finally committed to Max, she ran away.

Rory was raised with commitment issues, and abandonment problems, and an unhealthy view of relationships and intimacy.

Emily had her holiday teaching planned, she needed to help Rory realise that Lorelai was Lorelai, and that Rory could be herself.

For once in her life Rory was free to choose who she wanted to be, and what she wanted to do.