10.

It was Emily who had excused them from family dinner and an event while Rory was recovering, it was also Emily who demanded their attendance at a silent book auction the weekend Rory was finally cast free.

Which is how the couple could be found sitting at a table with the Gilmore and McCrea elders, sneakily playing thumb wars under the table to lift their boredom.

For Rory this was the first time in her life where books were boring, and she felt her heart breaking as she thought that, she couldn't even sneak a book to read as she was seated at the centre table.

It was at this event the young couple were cornered by the Hayden's, who were trying to be nice, but were bad at faking it.

The elders didn't want gossip over the girl being Edward's heiress but not having anything to do with them.

They were clearly disappointed in her choice of husband, and watching them try and hide their sneering at his finger nails was almost worth having to be polite to them.

Unfortunately the elders wrangled an invitation to Rory and Finn's house now known as the Candy Shack, Rory was smiling so she didn't scream.

Finn was plotting on how to make the visit fun, they had a week to plan, he'd get Colin and Tristan to help him, and maybe another shopping trip with Rory to find crazy decor.

Richard could see the couple plotting and wished he could be a fly on the wall, he so wanted to see the people who had thrown Rory away get knocked down a few pegs.

Emily was watching Francine and trying to compare her once best friend to the weak spineless woman in front of her, who refused to know Rory.

Finn carefully led Rory on the dancefloor before he was able to escape the horror of boring books.

The next weekend found the couple in their apartment, wearing clothes that wouldn't offend the Hayden's, Rory also had soft music playing in the background, and fancy morning tea set up in the dining area.

Finn was working on some homework and texting the LDB to finalise plans for the visit, it was Rory that invited the Hayden's into the apartment and got an instant view of their faces when they saw Candy.

It was Finn who saw their faces when they saw the rest of the apartment, and when Francine noticed the mushroom butt picture.

Their morning tea was dragging along, with the Hayden's shooting passive aggressive comments at Rory when there was a fast knock on their door.

Finn answered this time and grinned when Logan pranced his way into the room, talking to Rory as he went.

"Rory, there you are. Listen Honor and mom are killing my phone trying to contact you. They want to book a shopping trip, please for my sanity call them back." He then politely greeted the Hayden's before leaving.

The look on the Hayden's faces at seeing the Huntzburger heir chatting away was funny, the two families were both as snobby as each other, and Finn was sure that they would be trying to match Rory with Logan if she wasn't with him.

It was Finn who reached his limit first, he sent them on their way after giving them a talking to, as they were lead to the door Tristan came in talking about some of their other friends.

The Hayden's when they finally left looked like they had been sucking on lemons, seeing the granddaughter they refused to acknowledge, mingle with the highest members of the society they loved so dearly.

Tristan laughed as he watched Rory and Finn return to normal, and was soon facing off against Rory in a fighting game, while Finn finished his homework.

Seth and Robert soon joined them and Rory ordered pizza and chinese food, and after Steph and Juliet turned up added mexican and thai to the food delivery.

The night turned into a karaoke competition, that Seth won hands down, and Finn managed to start a dance off that ended when he tripped over air and ended up in Robert's lap.

Rory spent hours with her friends planning future events for the LDB, birthdays, graduations and weddings.

Finn talked to her about where they should live when they graduated, when they should start a family, and how to deal with her crazy family.

The next day Rory was on her way to Stars Hollow, to visit her friends and the town, and to hopefully not see her mom.

Her luck was used up avoiding her mom, as she literally ran into Lindsey in front of the store, Lindsey who was upset, crying and trying to carry a ton of bags.

Rory knew she had a choice to make, so she sucked up her pride, and helped Lindsey, after apologising for the horrible things she had said after Dean and Lindsey got married.

Rory also thanked her for believing her about the Dean situation.

Lindsey responded in a way that surprised and also pleased Rory.

"Rory, I might not have been your biggest fan at the time. But you are, the o e person I would trust in that situation. You would never do that." Lindsey said honestly.

Lindsey also admitted that Rory had been right, they got married too young, Dean should have finished school, and she should have worked, she just didn't know what to do.

Now her marriage was over and she had a nice apartment, that was empty, and nothing to do all day.

Rory rang Sookie, she knew the dragonfly was short on waitstaff and maids, Sookie told Lindsey to come in tomorrow, Rory told Lindsey to not mention Rory at all to Lorelai.

Rory also rang Lane, and after a short wait, Lane was also at Lindsey's house, willing to be a friend to her.

The three girls made their way yo Luke's for afternoon pie and coffee, and Luke handed Lindsey his phone number, so she could call if she needed a handyman with no connection to Dean.

It was a happy Rory that met Finn at home that night, a Rory that had a new number in her phone, a new friend, and the knowledge that her husband was amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little rushed, sorry, but if you see an error let me know.