6.

By the time the week was over Rory was stressed to the max, she had to go to Stars Hollow and tell her mom she was married, then she had to tell the rest of the town.

It was a pleasant surprise for Rory to wake up to find Finn fresh out of the shower, towel around his waist, picking the comfiest clothes he could find.

Rory got up and after showering, brushing her teeth and doing her hair she decided on a simple dress with ankle boots.

She added a pair of dream catcher earrings she had found in a craft store and the charm bracelet Finn had gotten her.

Her and Finn ate breakfast together and she enjoyed the small morning routine they had started.

Finn had decided to wear jeans, sneakers, a button up and bring his coat, his middle finger necklace was around his neck and his nail polish was starting to chip.

Rory grabbed her cropped jacket and the shark fin bag Finn had gotten her, made sure her purse, phone and keys were inside and added a few hair bands, and some wedding photos and a copy of their wedding.

Finn drove them to Stars Hollow in his black Escalade, she knew it would cause a stir, but it was better than war with her mother if they took Rory's new Porsche suv.

In fact, Rory was half hoping they couldn't find her mom, and that Dean had moved to another country, like Peru.

Their first stop was Luke's where Luke and Lane were both working, it was also a quiet time with minimal customers.

Finn took her hand as they entered the diner and smiled as Rory was instantly hugged by a short girl he guessed was Lane.

Rory was then welcomed by Luke and after a few words the couple plus Luke and Lane were heading upstairs to talk in private.

"Finn, this is Luke and Lane. Guys this is Finn. My husband." Rory said still holding Finn's hand in hers.

Luckily she was holding his left hand as Luke extended his hand to shake.

"Congratulations. You hurt her, I kill you." Luke said then looked closer at Rory. "You telling Lorelai?" He asked.

"We tried to get her to come, but she refuses to talk to me. But yes the dragonfly is our next stop." Rory said before being swept into a jumping hug with Lane.

The two girls were in a second bedroom talking about girl stuff, which left Finn with Luke.

They talked about fishing, camping, trucks and Rory, it was a nice bonding moment, and Finn was able to quietly inform the man about Rory's new place in society.

Luke gave him fair warning about Lorelai, she would yell and scream, and cry, and based on past events, try and drag Rory back down to where Lorelai thought Rory should be.

His last words before the girls returned to the room struck Finn as some of the most honest and heartbreaking he had ever heard.

"I love Lorelai, I think I've loved her since the first second I saw her.

God knows over the years we've had some fights, done some crazy stuff and had some amazing moments.

But that kid in there is like my own daughter, and I have seen Lorelai push her to do stuff she doesn't want to do.

I've seen her turn away from Rory at moments when Rory needed her the most.

But, Rory has always followed her mother, in everything. Except you." Luke finished his rant and congratulated him and Rory once more before going back downstairs.

Finn got to talk to Lane before she was called back to work and decided that she was the best friend Rory could ever have.

The couple drove to the dragonfly and Finn nodded in appreciation when he first saw the Inn, it was charming and beautiful.

They held hands again and walked inside, they were greeted by a Frenchman who upon seeing Rory smiled.

"Rory, I got your gift, thank you so much. I can't believe you thought of me during your trip." He exclaimed in a French accent.

Rory had found a pair of loafers from his favorite French store, in his favorite color, and sent them to him.

She had also sent the chef a hand written book of traditional French recipes, she had gotten it translated and added the translation book as well.

"Your mother is in the kitchen with Sookie, discussing the dinner menu." He added with a smile.

"I'm so glad you got the gift, would you join us in the kitchen? I have some news, and I want to share it with you, Sookie and mom." Rory asked and after getting a temporary replacement he led them to the kitchen.

"Rory, welcome home. Thanks for the book sweets. I've already tried so many recipes from it." Sookie cheered pulling Rory into a hug and looking at Finn slightly confused.

"So this is Finn. Finn this is Sookie, Michele and my mom Lorelai." Rory made the introductions and took a breath.

"We met over the summer, and um, well, we got married." Rory stammered out.

Finn didn't have to wait for long to get to the explosion, he was almost impressed by how fast it was.

"What the hell Rory. Married? What did you do? Is the baby even his?" She yelled and Finn watched as Michele and Sookie took a few steps away from her.

"Yes married. I got married. No baby." Rory said back calmly, then handed Sookie and Michele the wedding photos and dvd from her bag.

"Can you guys look after these please, just give them to mom if she ever wants to see them, you can look at them." Rory said over the top of Lorelai huffing.

Rory also handed her new cell phone number and address to them and another copy for her mom.

She took Finn's hand and led him out to the car, ignoring her mom's nasty comments as the trio from the kitchen followed them to the car.

The second she saw his car, her comments were directed towards his money, standing in society, him bribing her and a few comments about his parentage.

Finn helped Rory into the car and looked at Sookie and Michele before tipping an imaginary hat and talking to them.

"Lovely to meet you both. The dragonfly is lovely, and I hope to see you both again soon." He climbed into the car and drove slowly away from the Inn.