7.

Rory was seen around campus by the LDB members, a lot with Finn, and also with Robert, Seth, Juliet and Steph.

They watched her in the lead up to her induction, but she was acting as normal, going to class, drinking coffee and eating.

The members were getting a little desperate, they needed more information on her, so they went to Finn and Robert.

The induction was simple, during the next event, a few select members from the senior year group would ask her set questions.

A token would be given to her, it was usually a bracelet or wrist cuff for the girls, the boys usually got a money clip or cuff links.

Then she had a week to give her tribute, this could be anything, Finn had thrown a party, some placed money into the brigade's cash collection.

One girl who came in as a fresh face, baked some treats for everyone to share, they had been gifted keychains, t-shirts, dirty limericks, songs, and pranks.

There were three other inductees with her this year, a new transfer from Harvard, and two freshman, normally the inductees would form their group together, but Rory already had her group.

Finn found it near impossible to keep his mouth shut on the plans, and Rory made it easy for him, she didn't pry, just let everything happen.

Her instructions, handed to her by a blonde dick, were simple, be at the library by ten on Friday morning, dressed casually.

That morning she grabbed her shark fin bag and double checked the contents and grabbed her large thermos, and travel mug and left the apartment.

Heading straight to the coffee cart she ordered seven large coffee's and the entire jar of cookies, she filled her thermos and slid it into her bag with the cookies, filled her travel mug and had two coffee's left.

She held one cup on top of her travel mug and drank the other cup on the way to the library, after it was finished she stopped at a bench, threw the cup in the bin and pulled out her phone and headphones.

Finishing her walk to the library and listening to her music on shuffle she threw the now empty cup in the bin and waited for the next step and was soon guided to a car.

A familiar car, she sat in the back and put her music away and sipped on her travel mug and relaxed in the seat behind her husband who was driving.

Colin was in shotgun and she was next to another girl, there were two other people behind her, both boys, but she was trying not to laugh.

The girl next to her was almost drooling as she stared at Finn, even though his hand bearing an obvious wedding band was in clear view.

"So Pixie, how was your week?" Colin asked turning to look at her with a grin.

"It was entertaining, my mom called, told me I was a disappointment to her. I told her that now she knew how grandma felt." Rory said and Finn laughed.

"God it was funny, I could hear the screams from the other room. Got any coffee back there love?" Finn asked her.

Rory handed him her travel mug and pulled out her thermos and waved it at him.

"Good god love, we're gonna go broke just to keep you in coffee." He said, finishing the mug and handing it back to her.

"Oh well, we can always turn to stripping." She snipped back sending Colin into a fit of giggles over the mental image.

Colin had gotten to know her over the last week and could see why Finn had married her, she was worth more money than any of them, yet was happy walking around with a psychedelic octopus clip in her hair.

She also had the best book collection he had seen in a long time, it was surprisingly diverse, she even had notes written the margins of some of her books, in her own writing and someone else's.

That discovery led to him hearing about Jess, and finding out that Finn was a stereotypical aussie surfer, he just shrugged and let it pass that Rory and Jess had a book connection.

"God I need brain bleach, I just saw Finn in a sparkly thong spinning around a stripper pole." Colin groaned.

"Oo, we need a sparkly thong, we can add it to Candy, and we can slip some cash into the band." Rory giggled clapping her hands.

Colin frowned in confusion until Rory showed him the picture of their pole dancing skeleton.

He looked slightly horrified at the image.
"How obvious is Candy? Who has seen it?" He asked morbidly curious to hear Emily's reaction.

"It's on the pole near the front door, it's almost the first thing you see, and everyone's seen it." Rory said laughing.

"Emily was almost crying when she saw it. Richard told us it needed stilettos. Mum offered a feather boa. Dad painted the finger bone tips. Robert and Seth laughed. Juliet and Steph got some extra wigs." Finn said shrugging.

Colin sometimes wondered how he could stay friends with Finn, but this moment, and other moments like it reminded him, Finn took everything in stride, no judgement.

It also seemed like Rory was the same, or almost the same, she could freak with the best of them, but only about important stuff.

The trio relaxed back and Rory watched the scenery pass for a few minutes before the girl next to her turned in her seat to talk to the boys behind her.

"So what's your name?" She asked, and Rory guessed she had directed it to only one guy.

"Why don't you ask Mary over there?" A voice answred, a voice she hadn't heard in years.

Rory turned in her seat and looked at the blonde in the back seat and smiled.

"Hey Tristan, how was military school?" She asked genuinely curious.

"Good. Got me all sorted out. So you're dating?" He asked, hoping he could break them up.

Rory just held up her left hand flashing her rings off, he felt his heart break slightly, but cheered up knowing she wasn't with bag boy anymore.

Before they could talk anymore, the car came to a stop and they were instructed to stay together and follow them to the next stage.