2.

Rory was having fun with Emily, they had puchased and shipped a lot of things back to the house, and had discovered they had a lot in common.

It was easy for them to discover each other without Lorelai pushing her opinions and arguments into every interaction.

They were heading to Ireland, to escape Trix, but secretly it was because Emily liked seeing the scenery, and the lace.

They had just entered their hotel when Emily waved to someone in the lobby and then proceeded to lead Rory over to them.

Rory noticed a guy about her age being led over to them as well and sighed, hopefully they wouldn't try and match make.

"Finnegan, Anna, it's lovely to see you both, it's been such a long time. This is my granddaughter Rory. Rory these are my friends Finnegan and Anna Morgan." Emily introduced them.

"Ah Emily, it's always a pleasure. This is our son Finn. Perhaps he could show Rory some fun places for a couple of hours, then meet back here for dinner?" Anna said, pushing Finn forward.

Finn gave a smile and a small bow "it would be my pleasure to escort you around, and to accompany you to dinner." He said and Rory smiled when she heard his Australian accent.

Rory also noticed both Morgan men had nail polish, Finnegan's looked freshly applied and was a nice shade of navy that matched his suit, while Finn's was black and chipped and a few fingers were missing polish completely.

She decided on the spot that the Morgan's were awesome, nail polish and accents, and they seemed nice and even Emily was more relaxed around them.

Finn took her arm and hooked his through hers and led her from the hotel, the elders all watched with smiles, friends from Yale, lasted a lifetime.

"So love, what did ya do to get shipped off for the summer?" Finn asked as they walked down the street.

"Nothing, I chose to come with Grandma to escape my mom." She said then bit her lip slightly.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but how do you and your dad get away with the nails?" She asked hoping she didn't offend him.

Instead of being offended he just laughed, "dad uses being Australian as his excuse, but it's simply because we don't care what people say about us." He said holding his hand out in front of him and wiggling his nails around.

"I wish I could be like that, but I've always been too scared, then my mom turned on me, and now I have to honour my family names." Rory sighed sadly, wishing her mom had believed her.

"Stick with me love. No matter what you'll be fine, I get away with a lot, simply because my family is loaded." Finn said before turning her down a street and into a craft market.

They spent their free hours together searching the market and buying everything that caught their eyes.

Rory found a delicate glass figurine and purchased it for Emily, to thank her for all her help, and a hand carved cigar humidor for her grandpa.

Finn found a pair of unicorn print boxer briefs and a shirt covered in a print of nail polish bottles for himself.

Rory got Finn a leather necklace with a charm of a hand sticking it's middle finger up, and got herself a hair clip shaped like an octopus, but it was painted psychedelic.

Finn got her a shoulder bag with a shark fin printed on it and laughingly told her that now she could never forget him.

They made their way back through the market, Rory found a painting of an Irish church and got it for her new apartment.

Finn found a pair of t-shirts for his parents, that read don't go bacon my heart with a cartoon bacon, the other one read I couldn't if I fried with a cartoon egg.

They were still giggling about the man they had seen on the way back to the hotel when they walked into the lobby, the elders watched them.

Without noticing Finn had wrapped his arm around her shoulders and she had her arm around his waist.

They presented the elders with their gifts and laughed at their faces, Emily had tears as she saw the figurine, it was a woman wearing a dress, but the dress looked like lace, it was the most intricate glass work she had ever seen.

Rory also had the glass makers webpage information on her phone, the work was amazing and she was planning on buying more when she got home.

The elder Morgan's pulled out their shirts and were instantly discussing when they were going to wear them, and where.

Rory showed Emily the humidor she got for her grandpa and Emily agreed that he would love it, it was one of the few things he collected.

The group sat down to dinner and were soon chatting away freely, Rory was happy to see her Grandma seemed to be happier with the Morgan's.

"Rory, do you mind terribly if I spend tomorrow with Anna?" Emily asked looking worried.

"Have fun Grandma. I'll find something to occupy myself, maybe I'll do some light shopping, a spot of sightseeing then look into apartments a bit more." Rory answered with a smile.

"I'd be happy to join you love. I could help with the apartment hunt as well. If you want company." Finn said smiling at her.

"Yes please. I would love to have your company, and your knowledge of apartments." She said.

Finn and Rory spent the rest of the meal chatting about different things they could do the next day, and what she was looking for in an apartment.

The elders chatted and watched the younger duo, they could all see the interest the kids had for each other, it was entertaining to watch.

Finn would flirt outrageously, and Rory would giggle and blush and look at him from under her eyelashes, and Finn would swallow and shift slightly closer to her.

By the time dessert was finished Finn had his arm draped over the back of Rory's chair and was turned towards her, Rory was turned towards Finn and her head was resting against his arm as she looked up at him.