11.

It was getting closer to the end of the year when Emily called Finn, she had some items that she wanted Rory to have, she asked if he could bring a friend to help collect them.

Colin was pulled into helping as he was the closest to Finn physically when Finn hung up his phone.

It was that afternoon when Sookie rang, something had happened between Luke and Lorelai, they had eloped, snuck off and gotten married.

Sookie was inviting them to the surprise reception the town was giving them, she also wanted Emily's number to invite her as well.

It was that phone call that found the elder Gilmore's and Rory and Finn standing around a bench in the town square with Lindsey, Lane, Brien and Zac watching Lorelai and a highly uncomfortable Luke.

Rory could feel Luke's pain, for years she had been her mothers go to person for the attention, and then dragged into the spotlight when her mother got attention and also pushed into the light so her mother could use her to get attention.

Luke kept looking towards the doner, that was closed, and then around at the town, full of people he didn't want to interact with.

The only positive for Luke had been seeing Jess and meeting Sam, the love of Jess' life, and watching them together.

Watching Rory and Finn together was amazing, Luke hoped he and Lorelai looked like that to other people watching them.

All Luke wanted was to have a love like his parents had, and a family, like he had always wanted.

Richard was the first from the group to approach Lorelai, passing her an envelope, that had stock options inside, he had purchased them, the day she was born, for her wedding day gift.

Emily handed Lorelai a voucher for the same place Rory used to preserve her wedding flowers, and explained they had other items available if she prefered something different.

Rory and Finn went together and passed their gift along, an all expenses paid vacation, for their honeymoon, as well as them offering to help while they were gone.

Jess and Sam offered their time to work while they were honeymooning, and Jess added a voucher to a store he knew Lorelai would love, and Luke would hate.

Lorelai was excited for her fathers gift, pleased over Emily's, and appeared to be happy for Rory and Finn's gift and was clearly worried over Jess' offer of time, but grinned at the voucher.

Luke was grateful for each of the gifts, and was more expressive over the people giving them, hugging, Jess, Rory, Finn and Sam in thanks and verbally thanking the Gilmores.

Lorelai watched as Rory was dancing with Finn, a drunk Finn, drunk on Miss Patty's punch, and finally saw what she had missed, Finn wasn't a stuck up snob.

Finn was so not a snob, pulling Sam, Lindsey, Lane and Zac out on the dancefloor, and when resting between dances, flopping onto the grass and chatting to anyone around him.

Rory was also spinning around the dancefloor with everyone including Jess, Lorelai sucked in a breath and looked at Finn, who just smiled at Rory and kept talking to Kirk.

It was later that night when speeches were happening that Lorelai first got worried, Jess had just finished his talk and Rory was stepping up.

"I first want to congratulate my mom and Luke, this was destiny played out in front of us.

Every person here tonight, was a witness to their story, from first meetings, to first dates, and now a wedding.

May you love each other more everyday, listen to words and deeds, live together, laugh together and love each other with everything you have.

Remember that you have an entire town supporting you, a family that loves you, friends that cherrish you and now you each have a soul mate to complete you."

Rory sat down with Finn and for the first time Lorelai was upset she had ignored Rory and missed her wedding, she knew it was time to look at the stuff Rory had given Sookie.

It was close to midnight when Rory and Finn reached their car, Rory was driving home, completely sober, while Finn sanf along to the radio, out of tune, but word perfect.

It was a hugely hung over Finn that opened the door the next day, only to find Lorelai on the other side holding coffee, flowers and with a sheepish smile on her face.

"Come on in, Rory's off with Robert and Seth, I'll text her, get comfortable, I'll just go get dressed." Finn said then led her inside past a pole dancing skeleton, and vanishing upstairs.

Lorelai looked around the living room and blinked at a few things she could see, she still couldn't believe Finn was as laid back as he was.

It was a few minutes later and Finn came back wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops, he was texting one handed, and Lorelai could see what Rory saw in him.

She was chatting to Finn about school and the dragonfly when Rory came home, followed by an older man that looked like he might be Finn's dad.

"Let's get our nails done. Then you can help me find your mother an ac/dc item she doesn't already own, and maybe we can find some weird shirts." He said, kissing Rory on the head as he dragged Finn out the door.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm a huge rat fink, and you should take away my coffee. I should have known better, and listened, and I never should have shut you out. Please, please forgive me." Lorelai said eyes full of tears.

"I love you mom, and I missed you, so much. But this can never happen again, okay, and it will be different now, I have Finn and you have Luke." Rory said.

Lorelai was so happy she pulled Rory into a huge hug and after they had coffee and Rory pulled out the cookies she had made, Lorelai got a tour of the apartment.