7. Low Light

You can feel the warmth from his body spreading to yours. He walked on your left as to keep you away from the road. His little kind gestures didn't go unnoticed by you. You notice every small thing he does.

He guides you up the stairs still holding your hand. He takes small and slow steps to make sure you don't fall behind him.

He unlocks the door and slowly pushes it open. He stands to the side of you. "Ladies first." He has a stupid grin.

You take a step inside and immediately smell a candle lit. It's scent is of strawberries and a hint of orange which oddly worked so well together.

His apartment had kind lighting. The dim lit apartment was warm and very cozy. So much better than your own.

"Wow. I absolutely love the way you've made this place a home. It's so nice. I'm jealous, really." You smile in a humorous way.

He grins and leads you to the food. "Take whatever you want and I'll find us a movie to watch while we eat." He seems excited which makes you feel good about yourself.

You take your time gathering your dinner and then meet him on his living room couch.

"What about this?" He points to a popular romance comedy that came out years ago.

Your eyes light up a bit. "Ooooo good choice. I absolutely LOVED this movie when it first came out in theaters."

"Me too. I normally don't like these kinds of things, but this one was just too good." He pushes play on the film.

You both start eating and letting out small laughs together as the movie plays out.

"Open your mouth." He says which mildly confuses you. You see a small piece of egg roll in between his chopsticks.

You laugh and then open your mouth to which he places the piece of food in.

"Wow thanks." You say with your cheeks full.

You both glance into each other's eyes and let out soft smiles.

Time goes by as you both finish your food and get comfortable.

"Come here." He gestured you over to his side of the couch. "Can I hold you?"

You slowly slide over to him trying to hide your blush. "I'd love that." You fall into his arms as your legs stretch over your previous spot.

"You're so cold." He takes a small blanket from behind him and places it over your torso. "Is that better?"

You reach your head up next to his and place a kiss on his cheek. "So much better."

Your eyes become heavy as Ren gently runs his fingers through your hair while your head is resting in his lap.

"You getting sleepy?" He asks in a whisper.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I should probably get home before I fall asleep here." You start to sit yourself up.

"You don't have to go." He looks down as he's searching for the right words. "You definitely don't have to stay if you're not comfortable, but I'd love it if you stayed. Let's finish the movie."

"I want to stay too, but what if I fall asleep?" You really aren't sure what he's thinking.

"You're allowed to say no and I really don't want to make you uncomfortable." He seems anxious. Vulnerable. You've never seen him like this before.

"Ren, just ask me. What do you want?" You become slightly frustrated.

"I want you to stay with me. Through the whole night. I'm not expecting anything out of it. I just want to hold you while we sleep. You bring me a lot of comfort."

You stare at him not knowing what to say. "Do I really?"

"Yeah, I really wanna know what it'd be like to have you here for a night. I promise you're safe here." His voice is so soft and timid.

"I'd love to stay. I'm really trusting you with this." You know how easily he could hurt you.

"I swear. I'm not playing any game with you. I would never do anything to harm you."

Your eyes are watery. You've never had a man be so gentle with you and your feelings.

"Let's finish the movie and then get to bed." You smile reassuring him that you want to be here.

Laying down your head back in his lap while he resumes the film. His fingers still rubbing your head and going through your hair.

Instantly your eyes fall to a close as you fight the urge to drift off, but you become very unsuccessful as you are taken by sleep quickly.

Your body was so warm. You felt so safe even in this unknown space. You knew you were protected.