15. Tell Me You Hate It

Finally, the dreaded morning came. You're not even sure how you'll look Ren in the eyes and pretend everything is normal, but you have to. You and him hold a dirty secret that the other students can't ever question. It feels good though. The thrill of not being able to tell anyone somehow makes it feel more real.

You drag yourself up onto your feet while already pondering at what outfit you'll have on for the day. Something simple and comfortable feels fitting for today. Plus you aren't in the mood to get all dressed up. Especially not for Ren. Not today.

The walk to class feels quite longer than usual. You're not sure whether is just your anxiety or the fact that you haven't walked there since Ren started driving you. Either way, you oddly hope that you'll never make it there. Seeing Ren is the last thing you'd like to do today, but you have to turn in that essay before he gets annoyed with your absence of the paper.

"Hey!" A higher pitched voice yells from behind you.

You twist around to see your friend, Ava. "Hi! How was your weekend?"

"Could've been better I suppose." She begins telling you as you both continue through the halls. "Went on a date."

You laugh and widen your eyes in humor. "How'd that go?"

She smiles and rolls her eyes. "It was a mess. Definitely not giving him a second date." Her laughs signify just how terrible it was.

"Well, his loss." You shoot her a wink and smile as you pull open the door to Ren's classroom and allow her to walk in before you.

Immediately you feel the weight of heavy emotions hit you as you see him sitting at his desk. He hasn't looked up at you yet as he's working on something.

"I'll meet you back there in a minute." You gesture Ava to where you both normally sit. She nods and heads back without you.

You quietly approach him and stand there silently for a moment waiting for him to finish up what he's doing. Finally, he sets down his pen and his eyes meet yours with no emotion to be found. "Finished?"

"Lets hope so." You laugh, but he still doesn't break a smile.

"Thank you for getting this to me. You can head to your seat now so I can get class started."

His response fills you with a feeling so sharp and deep. It's obvious that he's subtly being stubborn. You immediately back away from his desk and head to the back of the class where you place yourself in front of your friend as usual. 

"He seems grumpy today." Ava whispers and giggles to herself. 

"You think so?" 

"You're kidding, right? I thought he was gonna rip your head off while you were up there." You both start laughing to yourselves just quiet enough to not draw the attention of him, but that doesn't stop him from overhearing you. 

He quickly pauses his lesson and his glare immediately lands on you, but Ava speaks up for you both before you get the chance. "Sorry, sir. Carry on." You can tell she's still smiling by the tone in her voice. 

The rest of class went by quickly and quietly as you and Ava didn't want to upset him any further. 

"We had a full attendance for class today which I love to see! I hope to see each and every one of you in class again tomorrow." Ren says as the class is dismissed into the rest of the day. 

Ava grabs her things quickly and immediately starts out the door. "I'm sorry, I'd walk with you today, but I have to rush to the study hall to prepare for my big physics exam later today. See you tomorrow!" 

You send her off with a nod and a smile as you continue to pack up your books. The room steadily gets quieter as everyone piles out into the halls. 

When you wrap your bag around your arms you notice that you're the last one in the room, but to your surprise Ren is silently working, not acknowledging you. 

You take a deep breath and head towards the door while keeping your head down and away from him. 

"Would you mind shutting that door and come to my desk?" His words clench your soul and leave you with nothing but an obeying presence. "I'd like to talk about your work on this paper. I'm not quite satisfied with it." The tone he portrays is deep and dark.

Slowly, you click the door closed and turn to face him where he's sat with arms crossed glaring at you. 

He doesn't move or say a word until you finally place yourself in front of him. 

"What didn't you like about it? I feel that I did fairly well." You stand your ground and act unfazed by whatever game he's playing. 

A grin grows on his face which sends a shiver though your body. 

"You know that paper was wonderful."

You nod in agreement and wait for his next words. 

"But me and you seem to have a problem. Tell me about that." 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Playing dumb seems to be the best option at this point. 

"Look me in the eyes again and tell me that you have no clue what I'm getting at." His glare is intense and has not even a hint of sympathy.

A deep exhale escapes your breath. "Who was that woman in your apartment yesterday? I saw her through the window. She was there while you were at work or whatever." 

"See? That wasn't so hard was it?" These words flow off his tongue with power and pleasure, which does nothing but aggravate you more. He quickly notices it and changes his tone. "Dear, I understand that could've worried you and I'm sorry."

"But who was she?" You aren't going to let him off the hook without an answer. 

"I work with her. I'm in charge of a lot of things in that space. I needed her to go get papers from my desk at home. She's close to me, but she's always just someone I work with." He awaits your response, but you remain silent in thought. "Honey, she's nothing like you. Okay? I know you might have a lot of questions about what I do outside of this job, but I'd rather not talk about it right now." 

You allow the silence to sit for a few moments longer before replying. "I believe you. I'm sorry I doubted the situation." 

His head shakes in disagreement. "You had the right to be concerned, but you're my girl whether you know it or not." He now stands before you and places a kiss on your forehead. "You better get going before you're late to your other classes." 

"Can I get a ride back home later?" A smile sets on your face in hopes that he will say yes. 

"Of course. Now run along." 

----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for over 100k reads :)))))