5. Pretty Girl

The car ride back to your place was slow and agonizing.

You wanted his touch to cover you, but you stayed contained.

His head never once turns your way in the car. His eyes stayed forward the whole time.

"Sir?" You speak up finally.

His head slowly turns to you. He doesn't say anything which leads to you speaking again.

"So... are you doing anything this weekend?"

He smirks. "Since when have you cared about my personal life?"

"Damn, I just wanted to know. Someone's pissy today." Your voice jerks at the last part.

His glance lands on you.

Dead. You're dead. Extremely dead. Not just a little dead. 100% dead.

"You think you're funny, don't you?"

You get cocky. "Well yeah. I find myself quite amusing actually."

"I see that. It's gonna get you in trouble someday. I'm sure it already has."

"You're probably right but until then I'll do as I please."

"Oh is that so?"

Your legs tense with regret. "Well I-"

The car comes to a stop and he interrupts you. "Take your little attitude and get outta my car." His side smile feels corrupting.

You hesitate to find the right words. You don't want to leave.

"So what ARE you gonna do this weekend?" You giggle.

He smiles with you. "I'm not sure yet. Probably going out for dinner tonight and then stay in for the weekend. Not much happening. You?"

You think long. "I guess nothing? I don't know. I'll just be working on my paper."

"Good girl." He whispers in your ear before kissing your cheek. "Now get out. I have to get going."

Words can't even come out of your mouth as your flow out of the car like Jello.

As soon as the door shuts you expect him to scurry off. You turn around to watch him go but he doesn't.
You take yourself up the steps to the entrance still waiting for him to leave.

As soon as your keys pop open the door, he waves and takes off.

He was waiting to make sure you made it in safe.

Such a kind heart.

You let out a soft giggle as your face lights up red. He genuinely cares about you. He's always had a soft spot for you. Just not in the way you anticipated.

DING.

Your phone lights with the words "Have a good weekend and stay safe! I'll see you on Monday with that paper finished as expected."

You know damn well that you'll be seeing him before Monday.

Through the window.