ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

" 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tossing and turning, every time I close my eyes Rushes of thoughts fill my head keeping me awake. It's the last night I'll be in this bed and you'd think I'd rest up but no. Instead I'm wide awake at one in the morning.

I can't take it anymore, I need fresh air. I think to myself as I get out of bed and wrap a robe around myself. I head out of my room and make my way up stairs that lead to the rooftop. Opening the door the rush of winds flow against my skin as I turn my head I notice a figure, "Gage?"

As I say his name he turns his head to me, I make my way towards him as he speaks, "couldn't sleep either?"

I nod as I stand next to him leaning off the railing. The hoots and joyful screams echo up as blinding lights come from below, "listen to them, betting on our lives, they're having a whole party"

He chuckles, "yeah, least it's for us right" he glances my way and I softly smile in his direction. He sighs looking back down at them, "I just hope I don't let them change me."

Raising my eyebrow I glance at him, "change you?"

"Yeah, turn me into someone I'm not vic, a murderer, a weapon, a piece of their games. I want them to know that I'm so much more than that"

I know what he means, reminds me of my brothers words,

~ "𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑖𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑𝑙𝑦, 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑖𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒."~

The memory comes back to me, "I understand Gage. I've seen it as such but don't think that I won't kill for you. I'll protect us at all costs. Even if that turns me into a cold blooded murderer"

He chuckles, "I know Vic, that's why I- well yeah, support you. Uhm. Cause you do what you can to protect people you.."

"Love." I respond not looking at him but down at the crowds.

I could feel his stare upon my face as I slowly turn my head to him he repeats the words, "Love"

We stay in silence for a few. Taking in our last few minutes of peace.

I sigh, "I should get to sleep, we have a long day tomorrow. You should too Gage." I say to him as he gives me a soft smile.

"I'll see you soon Vic."

I huff a bit as I grab him and take him in my embrace tightly as he wraps his arms around my waist, "it's okay. Everything will be okay." He repeats as his fingers run through my hair.

We break, "whatever you do you run, away. I'll find you if I am not in the similar area. But run Gage. You're their target first, then me. Please be safe. Ill see you soon."

I say as I let him go and walk to the door, our contact only breaks when the door shuts behind me. I stop mid step as I wipe a single tear from my left eye.

Stay strong Victoria.

~

I walk into my bedroom as a breeze rushes through. A breeze? I look to see the door to my patio opened. I didn't leave it open did I?

As I walk towards there I see another figure, taller, I catch glimpse of blonde hair, in confusion, "Vince?" I speak

Catching his attention his head snaps to me.

"How did you.."

He cuts me off, "I have my ways"

I walk up next to him, "why are you here?"

He turns so his whole body is facing towards me, "I'm here to tell you. What I couldn't a couple days ago." He awkwardly scratches the back of his head.

A cold rush of winds blow and I tighten my robe around me

"Glenda she hates you, it's obvious cause she's jealous but she's not the real threat."

I raise my eyebrow at him, "then who supposedly is?"

He glances away then back at me, "Clement...your brothers games, he was killed by Clements brother Ash who won. Clement is the sister of the guy who murdered your brother. She's out, to get you. I thought that maybe if I had you in our group that it would buy some time. But since you refused."

Utter shock. That's the state I was in, no wonder why she looked so familiar. I could feel my emotions bounce everywhere. Hate, sadness, hate, hate.

I collect myself and nod, "thank you.. thank you Vince."

He nods in my direction, "just know that if you happen to change your mind last minute I'll let you in. Just make the move and I'll know. If not I'll hold them back, make up some excuse so you can keep you and your.. best friend alive hmm"

I nod then shake my head, "why are you doing this."

Vince quickly looks away then back at me, "because, we're all betting on you Victoria."
With that he walked out, "goodnight" disappearing from wherever he came from he left me in utter shock. Betting on me? For what? To do what.

What does everyone else see that I don't.