ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟜

" 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝐼 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝑇𝑖𝑘 𝑇𝑜𝑘,

The sounds of the clock upon the wall, the echo of the click. I stare up upon the ceiling. I doze every now and then but my eyes stay open.

My thoughts filled with Finnick, the capital with its burning rage for us.

I place my hand upon my stomach, unnoticeable but a very small bump has formed.

I was truly pregnant. I swore I would never, as such I wouldn't want to be in this world with a Hunger games. But maybe now we have a chance. A new hope.

A new beginning for our children.

Those were my last thoughts as my eye lids grew heavy and I slowly fall asleep.

~

"Victoria fucking Grace!"

I startle at Johannas stern voice as the sound around me isn't as muffled.

We were in the dinning hall eating as I mess around with my food with a fork and I sigh. "I'm sorry"

She looks at me and sighs as she placed her hand on mine. "He's okay." She reassured and I shake my head, "I feel so useless.. so helpless Johanna. I'm used to being in the fight. Not standing on the sidelines waiting for something to happen." I simply say as I stand up and throw my trash away.

Placing my tray down I head out without another word, I go straight to the training area, my sickness has gone down but I have limitations.

I train for hours upon hours. Sweat can be seen from my body as a guard walks in, "coin would like to see you Mrs. odair." He simply says and walks out.

I grab a towel and roll my eyes. What the hell does she want now.

~

Cleaned up and ready I make my way to her office.

Knocking on the door gently, "come in child" she says as I close the door behind me and take a seat.

"Any news on Finnick?" I say before she speaks and she nods.

"He's doing just fine. Now back to where I was going. Peeta. Of course you'd know him. He won't seem to listen to anyone Victoria. We were wondering if you could help with this. Talk to him, Reassure him Katniss is not a threat and to work for us"

Us? She means her.

What else would I do, I guess I would like some distraction from my racing thoughts.

"I will. I'd love to" I simply say as she smiles which sends shivers down my spine.

This woman.

~

The click of the caged doors open as I step into a white room. All white. Reminded me of the capital. This woman is like snow.

I look over at a bruised and broke peeta. He looked better. He's also looked better.

I can't help but remember this kid from the games, when I met him. He was so innocent. So sweet.

He was tightly tied down as he opens his eyes it flooded with relief, "Victoria." He softly speaks in his normal voice and I smile at him softly as I head towards him.

"Hey peeta, long time huh" I say and giggle a bit as he smiles only slightly.

"We were in the capital together.. I understand what you went through" I simply say and his smile disappears.