𝔹𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤~ 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕔𝕜 ℙ𝕆𝕍~

" 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑜, 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑜 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Sleepless nights, my eyes have given up on hopes of sleep as I lean against the brick. I don't bother going to my sleeping area. Instead I'm here in the hospital wing.

Waiting, I know when she has nightmares, when she feels the most insecure, I won't leave her alone. Even if she doesn't remember me I won't leave her.

My eyes feel as though they might fall out, as my eyelids start to weigh and close slowly.

Just as they shut I hear a scream, vic.

My eyes shoot right open as I'm suddenly on my feet. I could feel my heart race as her blood curtailed scream echoed, the night nurse says something just as I gently shove her out of my way and into Victoria's room.

I stop for a moment as she gasps for air, her hair a mess and her eyes wild with fear, she then catches my eyes as I shake the arm of the nurse trying to pull me back out.

I quickly walk over to where Victoria laid and I wrap my arms around her in a comforting motion. To keep her safe.
"Shhh it's okay."

I could feel her slightly refuse my touch but she gave in. As she calms against my body.
"It was just a nightmare vic."

I feel her body shudder against mine as I soothe her.

Moments later she pulls from my grasp as I look down into her delicate blue eyes. I miss her loving stare.

"I know you don't remember me-"

She quickly cuts me off as she places her finger against my lips.
"Then why don't I get to know you Finnick."

Her voice so fragile I can't help but smile softly down at her. Chuckling to myself I respond, "yeah, the deep stuff right" this causes her to giggle. But it pains me, not cause of her giggle but because she doesn't get it. My reference.

"Exactly! Like what's your favorite color?" She softly speaks as I smile sadly, painfully.

"Blue. But not just any blue, a little bit of grey with it. Keeps me mesmerized." I look away from her prying eyes as I remember this conversation way back.

"Mines-" she began to speak and I interrupted her, oh how she hates that, but I look back into her eyes.

"Green. It's green." I mutter a bit as I take a second and continue.

"You hate to sleep alone. When you do the memories of your games come back, you have nightmares every night and the only way to calm you is holding you. You love the beach, it's your home. You send a gift care package to every Victor in every district a year to make sure they know they're not alone. Every Sunday you go to church, but not just to go but in to honor the gone, the past. Your best friend is Johanna, you both go on a phone call for an hour every Saturday to check up. We walk to your burned down house that was years ago back in district four occasionally. To remember your family. You love mint chocolate chip ice cream, you never have coffee without creamer. Your favorite holiday is Christmas because you love to give people hope and happiness. You think I'm a horrible singer but you still jam along to it anyway."

I couldn't help it, the tears began to form in my eyes and I try to chuckle the pain away. Her confused eyes but not only that they were with sorrow as she remembered nothing of me.