Lifeless stare~10

Toukas pov
I smelt 3 familiar scents when I ran back out to the front seeing Nishiki, Yukio, and rin come in shortly after when he slid to the floor.

"ah-" Rin let out when I saw the bloodstains and holes in his shirt.

"Where's kaneki," I asked when I saw rin stiffen.

"We couldn't get to him in time," Nishiki said.

"Then why the hell is rin so beat up" I snarled.

"Because I couldn't save him...don't need to remind me every five seconds" I heard rin laugh when I stormed up to him and punched him across the face only for his head to turn.

"Tch...and why is that funny" I snarled.

"Touka!" I heard Yukio "please...he knows...better than anyone"

I looked back down at rin to see a lifeless stare as he kept his face in the direction it was sent in when he looked back over only for me to see that giddy look he always had gone with no trace.

"What's with everyone punching me," he said and looked at his hands "his blood is on my hands...I lost control and I stabbed him...I ended up hurting the person I was supposed to save. I guess that snapped me out of it when...I held him...I had him in my grasp...But my mistake was I let my guard down and it went so downhill"

"What happened," I asked.

"I tried everything...even when my body couldn't keep up with me I tried everything to bring him back...he was still healing from me stabbing him so it's my fault he got kidnapped. We could have escaped but...even with the strength I have now I still couldn't save him...who am I kidding...I can't protect anyone...what the hell am I even doing back here" he said when I saw his head go limp as he stared at his hands.

We all were quiet for a minute not knowing what to say to the boy who said what we were all thinking.

What were we supposed to do?

Yukio's pov- couple of days later

I finished repairing the front of the window that got broken in the fight as I sighed.

"Hey Yukio" I heard Nishiki and turned my head.

"Hey," I said.

"We could've just paid someone," he said and handed me a water.

"We don't have time to have people medaling...anyone would most likely ask what happened and we can't exactly say a group of aogiri members came and kidnapped your friend," I said.

"Your? I thought you would've considered him a friend too" nishiki said "considering why you kept yelling at rin that there is still a chance"

"If I'm being honest...I only want to save him for rin" I said when I was slammed against the wall "tch" I snarled when I felt nishiki holding my wrists behind my back.

"And What the hell does that mean," he said.

"You heard rin...kaneki saved him...when I couldn't...I had to stay behind at the academy while rin had his life fall apart around him...his only friends rejected him when they found out about his demon abilities and him being the son of satan. he watched our father be killed by satan himself. Hell his own brother is an asshole who tried to kill him...meanwhile kaneki saved him. he did something I couldn't...and when I saw rin without that light that always managed to shine in his eyes I...I didn't know what to do...I always depended on him without even realizing it...so I never truly saw what hell was going on in his head...so now I...now I can do something so I want to help" I said.