Chapter 2: "He is just like Regulus... misunderstood!"

(SIRIUS P.O.V)

I was looking at the mirror in my room in the Gryffindor tower. A month ago, a sunken face with dull eyes and grey hair would greet me. He would look like a person who was way beyond his years. Presently, I saw myself gazing at a handsome young man with sharp cheekbones, striking grey eyes, and silky black hair that trailed down to his shoulders. This was the sixteen-year-old me- the epitome of a god! I know I am awesome! And arrogant too. But hey, I do look like a God!

All of this still felt weird. It was like being reborn, and wait till I tell James about it in hell! Even with this strangeness, I felt happier than I had felt in a long time. I had been given another chance in life- a chance to undo my mistakes, a chance to help my godson, a chance to fight the dark! And this time I had support from the wizarding community who knew of my innocence, and most importantly, my family! I considered Stella to be my family- she was my niece after all and I could clearly see myself in her. The way she fought for her ideals, the way she sacrificed her happiness for others, her loyalty- she was a Black. And a pure one at that, which was quite rare.

I walked through the corridors of my first home, Hogwarts. I had never considered Grimmauld place to be my home. Home is the place where you find peace and serenity, but I swear my mother was part- banshee- the way she would shout, Merlin! It's a wonder I am not deaf.

I had been at Hogwarts ever since Stella had brought me here. I was assisted by Dobby who had willingly taken up the task. Sometimes Twinkle would join him as well. Every week, Poppy would come to check up on me with Dumbledore and was obliviated. Stella would come to visit whenever it could be possible for her. She told me all about her past- her childhood, her family, her twin, Beauxbatons, her alias as Armonia Diligitis and Dark Angel, Blaise and Harry- to sum it up, everything!

I was obviously shocked and surprised after listening to her story. She was more intelligent than any person I had come across, and that includes Dumbledore. She was also incredibly sly and cunning, as she had been able to fool her family so easily. I was amused by her pranks; we would obviously rock together! In fact, when we were together we could almost pass out as twins. We had the same face structure and eye color, our expressions were similar as well. The only difference was her blond hair which she would turn black around me for fun.

I had mercilessly laughed when she ranted about her boy problems to me- come on, I am an expert in this field, obviously. But after she hexed me for laughing, I promised to help her with the issue, no matter how many times I snickered for the rest of the talk.

"But he is with Ginny," she had protested. "And I hate to say this, but she is good for him!"

She was truly bothered about it and I had consoled her genuinely like a big brother. I had hugged her and said, "She may be good for him, but believe me; I know my godson, and you are the best for him."

And that was the first time, her hair had turned yellow and she had grinned as if Christmas had come early. And then again, my snickering had started.

I found solace in Stella- she was like a female Prongs, except much smarter and cunning. She would do anything for your friends; and her antics and pranks were hilarious, siriusly!

Suddenly, while walking down the corridors, I came face to face with my arch-enemy, Severus Snape. He was the only person besides Dumbledore who frequently visited the castle. My face changed into a scowl when I saw his greasy head, but then I quickly put on a blank face. I knew the truth about his actions and where his loyalty laid. Stella had told me, "You have gotten a new chance and I have seen what his true intentions are. Don't govern this life with past mistakes as well, Sirius."