Chapter 10: "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks"

(STELLA P.O.V)

I was angry- no wait- I was furious with Draco Lucius Malfoy. How dare he even think about hurting my Harry! How dare he leave him lying in that compartment! And draped over his invisibility cloak on him too! What is the matter with that boy?!

After learning about what my dearest brother had done, I had sent a message to Snape as soon as possible and he went to collect Harry. I was confident he would ensure that Harry was safe and sound, even if he had to stop the Hogwarts Express en route to London.

Throughout the Welcome Feast, I sent chilling glares to the person sitting beside me. Everyone could feel my wrath. They wisely chose to remain quiet the entire time. Even Pansy elected to eat her food rather than my brother's face, and for that, I was quite happy. I had enough Pansy-poo in the train ride for the entire year.

The only good news during the fest was that Sirius had worked along with the plan and had gotten sorted in Gryffindor. Harry needed him in Gryffindor, he needed his family! I could feel Draco's disappointment with it though. He wanted Sirius in Slytherin- with us. He saw a true friend and family in him. But this is life Draco, we don't always get what we want!

Keyword- always! Draco whispered in mind.

I scoffed thinking about the small hope he was clinging onto. The three of us had different roles to play and our wishes could not come in between them. He would understand soon enough that Sirius was going to act as though he hated us.

I was so angry at him that I failed to understand how much he truly needed Sirius and his support. I didn't understand anything till later that night. I had not known what Sirius had planned, but I should have anticipated something rebellious from him. He was a fiercely loyal person- and he would always be there for the person who had his faith and needed him. No matter how many rules he had to disobey, no matter how many laws he had to break.

Dumbledore had given us a heart-warming and brain-numbing speech that I hardly bothered to listen to. One, cause I was furious with Dumbledore, and two cause I was busy planning my brother's murder.

Oh, stop it, will you? I was angry. I wasn't thinking straight. Draco chided me in my mind while he played with his fork.

I am sure my hair had started turning slightly red at this point. How can he act as though it wasn't a big deal! Harry could have been hurt! He could have been halfway to England at the moment.

But he is not! So, please let it go. I am sorry! Draco begged.

I rolled my eyes and let it be. But I was not going to let it go. Not at all!

"...Goodnight now. Pip pip," Dumbledore ended his speech. Oh, I missed it all.

I moved from my bench, joining my brother who had decided to neglect his prefect duties.

"It was wrong, what you did," I told him darkly.

He frowned, "I am sorry Stella. I didn't realize the consequences of my actions. I will think about them more the next time."

Just as I was about to reply, someone else beat me to it.

"How about I join you for that next time? We can share the responsibility then."

I can not believe this! Sirius Orion Black 'Junior' was the third person on my hit list of the day! He was supposed to hate us, not become our buddies!

I really didn't care about my appearances now- I was full-on glaring at the dog! Perhaps, my brother did have a presence of mind as he silently cast the Stagnant charm on me, else the entire school would have wondered if I were a secret Weasley with my flaming murderous red hair.

Ron and Harry who had stayed behind as the rest of the hall vacated had obviously heard Sirius's comment. Their frowns showed they were as unimpressed with him as I was. However, Sirius only had eyes for Draco. It seemed as though they were having a silent conversation.

Draco, true to his word, and probably afraid of inciting me further, decided to be his arrogant self.

"Is it true?" he asked, sneering. "They're saying that Sirius Black had a son. So it's you, is it?"

"Yes, I am Sirius Black Jn," Sirius replied earnestly, his eyes conveying a secret message to Draco.

"I see you have befriended the likes of Weaslet and Potter. You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than the others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there," Draco finished with a smirk and offering his hand.

"Just go Malfoy. Sirius wouldn't make friends with the likes of you," Harry said while glaring at him, the incident of the train still on his forefront.

I could sense my brother's sadness bubbling. I could feel him losing his friend, brother, his uncle- all to this war. I could feel it all. And I realized just how difficult this was for him. This rejection would hurt him, but he would do it for the greater good. Yet, the rejection never came.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks," Sirius replied. But to everyone's astonishment, the statement wasn't directed to Draco, but Harry.

Sirius had rejected Harry's friendship- his godson's words and accepted Draco's.

And as Sirius shook hands with an equally surprised Draco, I saw Harry's face lined with sadness and hurt, and Ron's frowning face not believing the scene. And that's when I realized that Sirius had said the same words Harry had told my brother ages ago. Sirius had planned this.

That's all it took for me to storm out of the Great Hall. Nothing was going according to plan. Worse, Sirius had hurt his own godson! And I didn't know why!