Chapter 12: "I have got my luck right here"

(Stella P.O.V)

I stormed out of the kitchens, rushing to the only place I knew I could let it out, the forbidden forest. I ran deep inside the woods with tears flowing down my cheeks, my hair turning blue and red all over. My mind kept repeating the words Sirius spoke, and finally, I broke down. I fell on my knees and screamed. I screamed for everything- my father's imprisonment, Harry's girlfriend, Dumbledore's impending death, my twin's loneliness, everything. I shouted and cried, cried till my eyes turned dry and my throat became hoarse. They say bottling your emotions is wrong, and I could understand why. Nothing felt right. Every piece of my life was falling, my control spiralling down and I was lost.

I don't know how long I stayed on that forest floor, contemplating my life and its chaos. By the time I was calmer, the sun had already risen. I was late, I was dirty, I was a mess, yet I didn't care. I took a long walk to my dorm, students whispered as I passed through. Looks like I missed breakfast.

My dorm was just how I had left it last year with the shining night sky and the constellation of Carina up there. The stars would usually calm me down, but it seemed even they were mocking me today. Ignoring those twinkling spirits, I took a long shower and pondered over my recent actions. I had no energy to go to class, yet I knew I had to keep my appearance. And talk to Sirius and Draco.

As I crossed the large ornate mirror in my room, I took in my appearance. My hair was a lifeless shade of grey and dark circles ringed my lifeless grey eyes. I walked towards the mirror and ran my hand over my face. Taking a deep breath, I whispered softly, "You made a mistake. You didn't look at anyone else. You were selfish. You were so wrapped up in your righteous greater good world that you overlooked others.

"So, now you have two options. You crib about your mistake and keep justifying yourself that you did the right thing, for the greater good. Draco and Sirius will probably lose faith in you as a person but you will get to keep your pride intact. Or else, you can own it up. Suck up your ego and admit you were wrong. You are only human, get off your high horse and stop looking down on others."

I looked at my face, my eyes scanning the hardened ambition on my face. I knew which option I was going to choose. With that, I dressed as Stella Carina Malfoy- the ice queen of Slytherin, but this not forgetting that the queen is human too, has flaws and makes mistakes.

As I walked down the corridors, I realised that the second class had just started. Great, I missed breakfast and the first class!

Ignoring my grumbling stomach, I went to the staff room to collect my time table where I came upon an unimpressed Professor McGonagall.

"Good morning. And why aren't you in your class, Miss Malfoy?" she stiffly asked.

Still believes that I am a no-good death eater.

"I overslept and skipped my breakfast," I shyly offered, adding a touch of nervousness. "I wanted to talk to Professor Snape about my timetable."

She didn't believe me, probably because of the large grey bags under my eyes. Nonetheless, she fetched my house teacher.

"Ah, Miss Malfoy, how nice of you to finally join us," Snape commented snidely.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Can he ever stop being sarcastic?

"Tell me what classes would you like to continue?"

I was immediately cleared for all the classes I was taking- Charms, Potions, Herbology, Transfiguration, DADA, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes. I had a lot on my plate but it was the challenge that excited me.

"Potions now then. Have a good day Professor."

"A piece of advice. Your books will be of little help, use your brain more."