Chapter 8: He was always a rebel!

(DRACO P.O.V)

The rest of the summer passed pleasantly well. Even with Voldemort residing at our mansion and the prisoners screaming in our dungeons, things were looking up. Cause for the first time in my life, I was doing something which didn't make me feel guilty and horrified. I wasn't a bystander anymore- looking, observing, understanding but never doing anything! This time I was doing something- supporting my sister, and my brother/uncle. Although my other contingent plan was also in place, in case something went wrong!

Stella and I were closer than ever. We had opened up heaps and bounds. She told me about her time in Baeuxbatons, what she had learned and her inventions. Merlin, they blew my mind out! Who knew my sister was so powerful! I was jealous of her but when she caught that- well, I learned something about myself too.

"Don't you think you are not powerful!" She had scolded me. "I am willing to bet, you are just as powerful. You just don't capitalize on it well."

"What do you mean?" I had asked.

"You haven't boasted the areas where you are powerful! You should focus more on them and use them to your advantage. You shouldn't be a jack of all trades and master of none!"

"Now, what did that mean?"

"It's a muggle saying- Being good in everything but not excellent in even one! Don't try to learn everything but not master any. Work on your skills and hone them. You will find yourself in quite an advantage."

Impressed by the logic, I had asked, "Where did you learn about this?"

Smiling sadly, she had said, "Dumbledore!"

....and I was reminded of the burden I carried- of killing him. Stella and Sirius didn't know what to do about that! They too were confused. On one hand, Dumbledore wanted to die, I don't know what was going through his head, but on the other hand, I didn't want to kill him. None of us knew a way out. But I knew, if it came to protecting my family, I would become a killer.

My family was everything to me, especially Stella, she was my twin after all. I was extremely happy about the way our trust was budding. It was indestructible- just as it should be between twins. We were even starting to work on our twin bond- where we can feel each other's emotions or read each other's thoughts.

We had a habit of testing ourselves randomly. A slight bit of information caught me off guard one day when we were thinking about our visit to Diagon Alley. I ensured my thoughts were concealed and she couldn't see anything about Knockturn Alley. This was my test. However, not only did I discover about the Slytherin book she had bought but also about her feelings towards Potter.

"I thought you could keep things in your head," I gently said, looking at her broken expression.

"I can, but I guess I don't want to keep anything hidden from you anymore," she spoke in the softest voice I had ever heard. I swallowed. Here I was, hiding something that could potentially destroy our trust again. But it was important for it to be secret.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked compassionately.

She looked at me. I was surprised to see unshed tears in her eyes. I hugged her tightly, smoothening her hair and patting her back affectionately. Tearfully, she confessed, "I have feelings for Harry."

"You can always go and tell him. I know it's difficult with this war and this side but he knows you. And you both have shared some moments together."

"I know... That's what I thought too when I went to visit him on the last day of the year. But... I saw him kissing that Weasley girl," she spat venomously. Poor girl! Invoking the wrath of my sister is the worst thing that could ever happen to her.