Chapter 3: "We are more alike than I thought, huh?"

(DRACO P.O.V)

I was sipping a strong cup of coffee to help me stay awake for the day. I had barely slept a wink last night and currently, I had a lot of planning to do for the mission I had been given. I remembered last night vividly- it was the night that changed my life after all. From the meek puppet of my father, I had evolved into a man. I had finally confessed my feelings and thoughts to a person and I was delighted that this person was no one other than my twin.

Last night, I had been lying on my bed thinking about my mission when I had heard someone walk by my door. Intrigued, I had followed the person who turned out to be my sister into the kitchen. I was surprised to see her cooking. She had looked as though she too was sleepless and restless. I had known I had to talk to her about a lot of things- my behaviour, Hogwarts, our mission, her path. I was looking for the proper time.

I had continued watching her from the shadows. Over the years, I had become an expert in this field of snooping around. After all, I had spied on the Golden Trio and umm... my crush for four years.

I am glad I had decided to observe her. I didn't want my baby sister to immerse herself in dark magic. To do something so inhuman. She didn't deserve it. And I knew I was protecting her from those tainted Dark Arts by taking on the mission from Voldemort. I was overwhelmed by how I was going to kill Dumbledore, that's all. But I knew I would find a solution at the end like I always did!

The thing was that I knew that my sister and that we were similar in many aspects. I was just as talented as her, maybe slightly lesser, but quite proficient. I had been able to do non-verbal magic since I was 13, which I knew for sure was stuff way beyond my age. I would have been stronger than that had I not spent years bullying people and 'trying to live up to my family name.'

I witnessed my twin, who had become as heartless as The Dark Lord, make pancakes without using any magic. Okay, what the heck is happening?!

Instead of the permanent poker face, I had been shocked to see dry tears on her face and a troubled expression. The biggest surprise had been her hair which had been... blue at her tips? Did she dye it again?

She had carried the pancakes with chocolate sauce over it to mother's room, while I silently followed her. Wait a minute! That is mother's favourite food! And she did all of this manually! Intrigued by her actions, I made myself invisible and went inside the room. I could use magic outside Hogwarts- it was pretty easy to figure out! I just didn't read the paper that 'told us not to do magic outside school'. I had been able to do it since my 2nd year- nobody in the house knew about it.

I saw her keep the breakfast on mother's bedside table and put a heating charm on it... WANDLESSLY! Damn, she is more talented than I am! I wonder if I can do it. She kissed my mother's head affectionately. Okay... WHAT THE HELL?!

She wrote a few words on a piece of parchment. I read the words over her shoulder while making sure she couldn't notice me. The words were enough to convince me that I had been thinking incorrectly. In the midst of the cryptic message written, I was sure that she had not devoted herself to the Dark Arts. It is as if she is protecting us!

I need to talk to her- properly as a twin and a brother!

I made myself visible and sneaked the paper from her. She jumped and was about to shout and probably curse me when I shushed her. I only added the words- "And Dragon", for mother's sake.

I had dragged her to my room and watched her cautiously. I let down all my guards- the guards which I had kept up ever since my parents had started to pay more attention to my sister and ever since I had decided to follow my father blindly. The moment I saw my twin sister smiling at my mother, I had wanted her to know who I truly was. I wanted to be true to my other half. And that I think was the best decision I had taken in a long time.

Currently lounging while sipping my cup of coffee, I was debating on whether to open up wholly to my sister or not. True, I believe her now and my trust towards her is in full swing, but will she trust me? Will she give me another chance when I had horribly deserted her when she needed me the most?

I was all alone in the Manor, without anyone to disturb my thoughts. Mom and Aunt Bellatrix had gone somewhere urgently after the former had given me a heart-warming smile. She definitely got our message. In fact today, she looked happy and lively that had not been the case since father's capture. Stella had just mumbled a few words of getting fresh air and had left the Manor in a hurry. Unlike, Mom and I, she had full freedom to go anywhere. Voldemort had not punished her. She was his favourite; I think Bellatrix was jealous of her.

Suddenly, a pop sounded in the room. Without flinching, I grabbed my wand and straightened myself, a curse on my tongue. The protection charms must have been broken for a person to apparate inside the manor. However, my gaze landed at my sister's troubled look. How did she do that? She is so full of surprises!

"How did you apparate inside?" I asked curiously.

Instead of replying back, she gazed at me with an intense look. It was as though she was figuring something out debating, just like what I had just been doing. Finally, as though she had reached a conclusion, she shrugged.

She grabbed me and without any warning started dragging me up the stairs.

"Hey! What-? Watch the stairs!" I shouted at her, trying to free myself, but she surprisingly had a stronghold on me.

"Are you aware of the fact that I have legs?" my voice dripped with sarcasm and irritation as she continuously bumped me along the stairs. All I got out of her was a cold silence. Is she doing it purposely? To take her revenge? Won't be surprised if she did!

She took me to her room. I was surprised to see a red curtain on the other side of the wall. Strange! It's just like mine!

She went forward and pulled it back. I gasped at what I saw. Just like my wall, her's too was filled with pictures. There were a few family pictures, pictures with mother and one picture with father. I was happy to note that our pictures were the most. There were pictures of her hugging and playing with her elf, Twinkle. Is she really a Death Eater?

There were some pics of her with the Golden Trio. How? Are they friends? And there were ones with those Weasley twins too. But I thought she hated them!

I was absolutely gobsmacked but all I knew was that she trusted me. I could sing on top of my voice that she trusted me. She was giving me another chance and I swear on Merlin's beard that I wouldn't break it. Even if she is a Death Eater who is befriending the 'enemy lines', I will stay by her side. I am not going to follow her blindly because I am not making that mistake again; just that I won't desert her when she would need me.

I could only stutter with emotions brimming in me, "Yo- you should put an Illusion Charm on it. No one in this house will be pleased to see the decorations on this wall."

She turned sharply towards me as if shocked. Then, she gave me a genuine smile- a real smile, something that I hadn't seen since the End of the Term Feast. I was more than happy to smile back.

"Like yours, huh?" she asked curiously herself.

I nodded and replied, "I have cast the Trust Charm on it additionally. Only those who truly accept me and care for me- those who won't leave me for who I am and love me unconditionally- only they can see. Also, those who won't spill my secrets at the first chance can see it.

"Yesterday, I wanted to see if you honestly cared for the family or you were just playing with Mom's feelings. I wanted to see if I can count on you every second of my life. I was glad that my TWIN could pass it."

"We are more alike than I thought, huh? I have actually done the same thing on this wall as well. This too was the test. I wanted to see if I can rely on you. As you are well aware, you passed!"

I was shocked for a moment. We are literally similar! Same thoughts, actions- everything! She is my bloody twin!

After a moment, I smugly replied, "Of course I passed! I don't fail at anything!"

Stella laughed and I joined in. It had been years since we had done that. And I missed it immensely.

And then she asked, "So, how good is your Occumulency?"