Chapter 7: "Especially at such times. You surely understand?"

(STELLA P.O.V)

I was boiling with anger throughout the rest of the journey. Mom and Draco were wary of me and I think my hair becoming red might have unsettled her a bit as well. I couldn't believe what Harry had said. How can he even think about insulting someone else like that and especially putting salt on open wounds! Muggle term, anyways...

It hurt that he would talk to people like that and really, he had scared poor Madam Malkin! He is supposed to be the leader after Dumbledore dies! I am still not over that poor excuse of dying! But how is this going to happen if he continues to behave so irrationally and stubbornly? And it is high time for him to get past his stupid Slytherin prejudices.

In an attempt to calm me down, Draco and Mom took me to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. And it worked! The shop was glorious and fun- just like the twins! My gloominess instantly evaporated and my face lit up like Christmas, which amused my family members all the more.

"So, I take it you still prank?" Mom asked me in a 'sharp' tone.

"Oh Mother! You wound me by thinking I would let it go," I grinned at her, to which she rolled her eyes, but couldn't keep her smile out. I had started opening up to my family ever since I had learnt the truth. I was still not sure about my father, but I was confident enough that Mom would support me no matter what.

"Let's go in, shall we?" Draco asked impatiently.

I raised my eyebrows at his impatience but he ignored me.

Shrugging it off, I decided to take a tour of the shop. It was jam-packed. They were shelves that contained Skiving Snackboxes, Nosebleed Nougat, Canary Cream, trick wands, and other varieties of joke products. I weaved my way through the crowd, becoming a small girl of 11 with brown hair and blue eyes so as to not get disgusted looks of 'she is a Malfoy'. And also, because I wouldn't have to control my excitement and expression.

I took a number of products and was going to buy a Patented Dream Charm when a voice said, "It's not for sale for kids. Especially not to a midget like you."

One of the twins, probably Fred, was looking at me with twinkling eyes, as though expecting a tantrum. Instead, I laughed and said, "You really don't want to say that."

He raised his eyebrows and smirked at me, "And why not?"

I giggled and said in a sing-song manner, "You failed to recognise me last year, and you fail to do it now too."

I made my eyes turn into his blue ones for a second. His mouth dropped open before he collected himself and said in an awed voice, "Nope, I take it all back. I would never want you on my wrong side."

I gave him a cheeky grin and said, "Business looks good."

"It is!" he replied. "And don't bother buying them. I will send you a catalogue of all our products. Order it anytime you want- for you, it's free."

"And what if I say it's for my brother?" I asked in a teasing manner.

He scrunched his nose up, which made me laugh and said in a snobby manner akin to my twin, "I don't buy anything cheap. I will pay double of it."

Mesmerising myself in the shop and talking with my friends, I failed to note that my snobby twin had left the shop way before.

________

I looked for Mom in the shop and asked, "Mother, I need to buy some books from Borgin and Burkes. May I go?"

She considered it for a moment and then let me go. I was stunned. Wow! She trusted me enough.