Chapter 4

It took me the longest time to get out of bed. I just didn't want to do it. I've decided to ditch first lesson as I just can't be bothered to go.

When I finally climbed out of bed I headed downstairs.

Mom was rushing around the kitchen trying to find stuff. "Oh honey." Mom says as I stroll into the kitchen. "Did you hear about Issac?" She asks and I nod. "I can't believe it." She says and I nod.

"Uh, there's breakfast um..." she says whilst rummaging through cupboards. "Get you guys something on the way to school." She says slamming some money on the island. She then kisses my forehead before rushing to work.

I sit at the table just playing with my mug when Scott runs to the door. "See you later." He yells and I just roll my eyes.

After I had a shower and got clean. I got dressed into black jeans and a beige crop top. I do my hair before grabbing my stuff.

I put on my black converse and grab my bag before walking out to my bike. I sigh and get on my bike before heading to school.

Riding completely alone to school was something I wasn't a fan of. There have been occasions where Scott and I have left at the same time and basically rode together but I always met up with Issac and now it's weird. Because he isn't here.

When I got to school, I still had time to spare before 2nd period.

When the bell rang I went to my locker and got my things out ready for 2nd period.

"Um hi." A girl says awkwardly and I turn to her confused. "Hi." I say confused before closing my locker and going to walk off.

"I need to talk to you." She says and I scoff. "And I have class." I say before walking away and to my class.

It's not a joke that now Issac was arrested and is a fugitive, people keep looking at me.

****
After school, I rode home so slowly it was actually painful how late it was. Scott wasn't there when I got home, like always. And mom is always so busy with work since dad left, well since she kicked him out.

I spent the evening at the table doing homework until I decides to head to my room.

My room is freezing cold. You think I'm gonna close my window? Absolutely not. Closing my window is like a metaphor for telling Issac that I'm not on his side anymore.

I don't care if Issac is in Europe, if there's a chance he'll see my window closed I don't wanna understand the betrayal.

I decide on having a hot shower and then getting into an oversized jumper and shorts. I climbed into bed and wrapped myself in the blanket to keep myself warm.

I lie there staring at the stupid ceiling.

I understand he has to leave. I really do. But I miss him. I sort of feel empty without him. He was a part of me thats been wedged away.

He's still. He isn't dead. That's a good thing. He's just hiding till they find out Issac didn't do it.

No matter how much I reassure myself, it doesn't stop the tears from falling. I love this guy so much and he's gone far away.

I ended up falling asleep. Into the best drean I've ever had.

****
A hand wipes at my cheek and I look up to see him standing there. "It's freezing in here. You should close your window." He says and I shake my head no.

"It isn't safe for you here. They might find you." I say yawning and he nods and lies down beside me. "Maybe, but im super fast they'll never catch me." He says and Iaugh. "I'm the gingerbread man." I add and he chuckles softly.