Chapter 26

Sofia's POV
I have no idea what's going on, with me. I've been having the craziest dreams recently and I just don't want to go to sleep. I can't tell my dreams from real life anymore. I never know what's going on because everything feels like a haze.

"Am I dreaming?" I ask Issac and he shakes his head no. "You're awake, my love." He says cupping my cheek and I melt into his hand.

The doorbell rings and I raise an eyebrow at Issac. "It's your dad." He says and I nod.

I stay in Issac's arms till he goes slightly stiff. "What?" I ask confused. "They're arguing." He says and I sigh and climb out of bed.

I tug Issac's top down and then put on some sweatpants before heading downstairs, with Issac behind me.

"Don't you dare pin all of that on me!" My mom yells and my hand immediately searches for Issac's. "Yeah it's not her fault, you're the one that left!" Scott adds.

"Because I didn't think you'd both neglect your family." He bites and I suck in a breath.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Scott asks. "Come on, Scott. Think. Seriously think." Dad says and I bite my lip.

"I've apologised multiple times. Mom was in shock when she was shot. She acted normally." Scott says and my dad's eyes widen. "She was shot?!" He yells and I sigh.

They all break into an argument and I sigh.

"Stop!" I yell and they all turn to face me. "Just stop." I sigh and run my free hand over my face.

"Sof, what the hell is going on?" My mom asks and I sigh. "Shouldn't I be asking you?" I ask looking between all of them.

"We need to seriously sit down and talk. All of us. Issac, you're more than welcoms to join." My mom says before sitting at the table, Scott and dad follow.

I pull Issac with me and don't let go of his hand once.

And so let this long over do and dreaded conversation comence.

****
"You don't love me." I start and my mom immediately goes to start talking so I carry on. "You don't. I've never been good enough in your eyes. You make me feel shitty all the time." I say and look down and mine and Issac's hands.

"You always compare me to Scott and it feels like you only care about him. I've done everything I know how to, just to make you love me and it doesn't work. I nearly died for him twice and it feels like you don't care about me." I say letting go of a big breath.

"Everyone at this table is shitty." I say before turning to Issac. "Not you." I reiterate. "I love you." I say and kiss his hand.

"Everyone at this table has done wrong by the other. We're the worst family I've ever seen. We're so dysfunctional it's embarrassing." I add.

"We're supposed to be a family and seek comfort and love in each other. But... But I resent every single one of you. I don't care if it's selfish. But you've all made me feel so low and you don't even care." I sigh and Issac squeezes my hand.

"Sofia, I do love you." My mom's voice breaks and I look up to see her crying. "When your father left you were so sad and you distanced yourself." She starts.

"Scott was there for me and you weren't and that hurt. I didn't intentionally take it out on you Sof, I love you, I really do." She breaks and my throat burns.

"You would never want us there for you." Scott adds. "You wouldn't want us to see you in pain, the only person you'd want is Issac." He says and I sigh.

"That's not true. That's never been true. I love Issac, I love having him around but you guys are my family. Do you know how low I felt when Toby told me? It's not fair." I sigh and so do they.

Prepare for your happy ending, Sofia.

"Now is seriously not the time." I say and Issac and Scott look between each other whilst my mom and dad were left confused.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way, I thought I knew what you wanted. But I clearly didn't. I love you Sofia, just as much as I love Scott and I'd do anything to prove that." She says and I nod. "Treat us equally. That's all I want, all I've ever wanted." I mumble and she sniffs and nods.

"I'm sorry too." Scott says and I nod. "I know." I shrug.

"Why didn't you tell me you got shot?" Dad asks and I sigh. "I was in a coma." I shrug and he sucks in a breath. "Shit sof." He says and I pretend it's fine. It never has been and never will be but I need to get over it.

Dad's phone rings and he quickly leaves the room to answer it. My mom stands up and hugs me immediately.

I stiffen. I can't remember the last time this happened. "I love you Sofia." She says and kisses my cheek before heading into the kitchen.

"I never wanted you to die for me." I shrug. "I know." I say to him.

"If I could take it back I would. I don't even like the fact you're tied to the devil, because of me times 2." He says and I scoff. "It's fine. I'm just crazy." I say leaning into Issac. "That you are." He says and kisses my forehead.