Chapter 5

My alarm rings and I drag myself out of bed and into the shower.

I get out of the shower and head into my room to pick out my outfit for today. I choose out blue jeans, a white crop top and a green hoodie jacket.

I make my bed and rush downstairs the same time as Scott. "See you later." He says once we get to the bottom of the stairs.

I don't get why Scott leaves so early, especially since he gets a ride with Stiles most mornings.

I drink some coffee and just sit and wait till it was time to leave for school.

****
I find Allison on the outside picnic tables and sit with her. "Hey." She smiles and I smile back. "Hi." I say.

"I'm just studying, we can study together." Allison says ans I nod. "Okay, that's cool." I say and start going through my textbooks.

Stiles rushes over to us and turns to me. "Ah. Sofia." He says awkwardly and I raise an eyebrow. "Stiles." I say not bothering to look up from my textbook.

Stiles rambles to Allison so fast I was barely sure what he said.

"I think you mean--" "No, I mean bestiary. And the two of you, I don't want to know what's going on in your heads." Stiles cuts Allison off.

"Bestiary." I mumble and look up at Stiles. "Why the hell are you looking for a book on mythical creatures?" I ask and he turns to me. "You know what a bestiary is?" He asks and I nod slowly.

"Starting to think I picked the wrong McCall." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Can you describe this thing to me?" Allison asks him. "It's probably like a book. Old, worn..." Stiles says shrugging. "Like, bound in leather?" Allison asks and his eyes widen and he nods.

"Yeah, I've seen my grandfather with a book like that." Allison says and Stiles runs off immediately. "He's so weird." I say and continue to focus on my work.

Stiles comes running back to our table and nearly dies. "Where does he keep it?" He pants like a dehydrated dog. Ew.

"Probably his office." Allison shrugs and he runs off. "Why the hell is he running between you and Scott?" I ask curiously. "My grandfather works here and I'm not allowed to date him." She says and I nod and focus back on my work.

The rest of lunch continued with Stiles running back and forth and making a plan or something.

"You should come with me to the Lacrosse game. I'll be with my grandfather but it can still be fun." She says and I nod. "Okay." I say and smile softly.

****
After school, I met Allison and her grandfather on the bleachers and sat beside Allison.

"You're Miss McCall, right?" Our headteacher asks and I nod. "Scott McCall's sister?" He asks and I sigh. "Unfortunately." I say and he laughs.

As the game goes on it gets evidently worse. I was so into the game I didn't realise Allison was handing me keys. I take them and she getures with her head to Stiles. He walks past and I hand them to him as he does so.

Player after player got sent off and honestly it was bad. Really bad, we were gonna lose by default at this point.

"You! You play Lacrosse?" Coach yells and Erica talks to him. He takes his jacket off and stands up. I wave at a very annoyed Erica.

After a few minutes Erica comes round my side. "Come with me for a sec." She says and I nod.

I stand up and follow and Allison looks up at me. "Don't go with her." She says and I slowly move infront of her. "I have to." I say and she grabs my wrist.

"I'll come with you." She says and I shake my head no. "That's okay, I'll be back." I say walking to the car park.

I look around and see Erica stood with her arms crossed.

I walk over to her smiling softly.

"What's up? Is this about Issac?" I ask and she shakes her head slowly. "This is about the Argent's." She says and I raise an eyebrow

"They're dangerous Sofia, in ways you wouldn't believe. You shouldn't be hanging with the enemy. Issac wouldn't like it." She says and my eyes widen.

"I don't have any one other than Allison right now." I say and she shrugs. "You have me." She says and I smile softly.

"Just be careful, Sofia. Not everyone is who they seem." She warns and heads towards the school.

I walk back over to the game and see my mom walking away from the field.

"Did you see what happened to Scott?" She asks and I mentally roll my eyes. "Nope, I went to the toilet." I lie and she nods slowly. "Scott's got the car, I've gotta head back to work. I'm sure he'll give you a lift." She says and I shake my head no.

"I brought my bike. I'll ride it home." I say and she nods. "See you later." I say and quickly walk away from her. I walk to my bike and ride that home.

When I get home, I make dinner in the kitchen and slowly eat it before heading up to my room.

When I get to my room, I get into my pyjamas and watch something on my laptop, till I fell asleep.

****
I wake up to Scott stood over me and shaking me, window closed and damp cheeks.

"Sorry." I sigh and wipe my cheeks. "Sofia." Scott starts but I shake my head no. "Don't." I say and he sighs.

"I'm worried about you." He says and I scoff. "Sure you are." I say lying down and rolling over.

"Sofia, don't you think you're obsessed with him." Scott says and I sit up. "Excuse me?" I ask with disgust.

"You're not okay now he's gone, you're a mess. You look like shit all the time." He says and my eyes widen. "You know what? Get the fuck out you asshole." I say pointing to the door.

"Im trying to look out for you." He says and I get out of bed. "Get out!" I yell and he sighs and stands up I push him to my door and out into the hall where mom was walking.

"Great." I mutter and before she could say anything to me, I slam the door and lock it.

"Sofia!" My mom shouts whilst banging on the door. "Yell at me tomorrow." I shout back before climbing into bed.

"I'm worried about you." She says and I scoff. "Join the club. Look, Scott's out there, you can express your concerns with each other." I say and climb into bed and just lie there until I could finally fall asleep.