Chapter 21

"I promise it will be the worst pain in the world for them, best feeling for you." He says and I look at him confused.

"I just need to show you how to defend yourself Sofia." He says and I nod. "You'll need it against Julia." He says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Who the hell is Julia?" I ask and he scoffs. "Your English teacher." He says patting my shoulder.

"It's quite simple really." He starts. "You need to get angry or sad, which isn't hard for you. I know. You get your claws into thr back of their neck." He says and my eyes widen. "Claws?" I ask and he nods.

"Anyway, when they're in the back of that person's neck your eyes will become black and flash at them. It will set them on fire and they will immediately become ashes." He says and I nod slowly.

"What if they don't get me angry enough and my claws or eyes don't come out?" I ask and he smiles a wicked smile at me. "The bad ones always piss off the wrong people. You'll get them Sofia. Plus, I'm always with you." He says and I nod. "You're right." I say looking around the blacked out room.

The room shifts and suddenly im in my bedroom beside the devil looking at Issac and I fast asleep.

"Is this a dream?" I ask and he shakes his head no whilst walking to the side of Issac. "Nope." He says before poking Issac.

Issac wakes up and I sigh. "Cut that out." I say and he puts his hand up in defence.

Issac rolls on his side to face me who's muttering away.

"You shouldn't talk to me that way Sofia. You work for me. The second I feel you're slacking off, you're dead." He says and I roll my eyes.

He walks up to me and flicks out some claws before digging them in the back of my neck. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I say and he flashes his eyes at me.

My body burnt and stung at the same time and it was followed with the most excruciating pain.

"Sofia! Sofia! Come on Sofia. Wake up." Issac says and my eyes widen as I sit up and climb out of bed to get out of the warmth of my bed.

"Oh my god." I say holding myself. "You're okay." Issac says coming to my side.

I look up as Issac walks over to me and notice mom and Scott stood at the end of my bed.

"You were talking in your sleep. Then your talking turned to screaming." Issac says and I run a hand over my forehead.

I shiver at the memory and Issac rubs my arm.

What did I say?

I sigh and mom and Scott look at each other. "Sorry." I apologise for waking them. Mom leaves but Scott smiles at me sympathetically. "It's okay, what happened?" He asks and I shake my head no. "I don't really remember." I lie and Scott nods.

He leaves my room and I lock my door before climbing into bed beside Issac.

"Come here." He says opening his arms. "I'm sorry for waking you." I say and he nods. "That's alright." He says leaning down and kissing the crown of my head.

****
Mom was at work.

Scott has gone somewhere with Allison.

So it's just me and Issac at home.

"Do you wanna talk?" He asks and I sigh. "Not really." I say and he sighs.

I head upstairs and have a shower. When I walk back into my room, Issac was making the bed.