Chapter 17

"So where exactly is it?" I ask Issac as he gets dressed. "Somewhere in California, I think. I don't know exactly." He says and I nod slowly. "Right." I say unconvinced.

"Does it really matter?" He asks and I scoff. "Hell yeah it does, especially after what you told me happened last night." I say and he groans. "I'm fine." He argues.

"Issac." Scott calls and Issac walks out of my room and I follow him. "Stiles is picking us up and dropping us to the school. I'll get it from coach and text you, because it's so important." He says and I smile. "Thank you." I say.

"Is that your pyjamas?" Scott asks and I roll my eyes. "You sleep next to him like that?" Scott asks and I groan. "No fucking wonder Toby wanted you to choose." He says and I punch him in the face.

"You're such a dick." I say when Issac stands in the middle of us.

"Stiles is here." Issac says to Scott. "Go, I'll be out in a sec." Issac says and Scott nods before leaving.

"That was stupid." He says looking at my fist and suddenly his vains become black. "What the hell was that?" I ask once he takes his hand away from mine. "I took your pain." He says and I look up at him. "Thank you." I say and he nods.

"I've gotta go. I'll see you later." He says and I nod. When Issac leaves I quickly get ready and head outside when Allison was here.

****
"Am I getting to close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison says and I roll my eyes. "That depends are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?" Lydia say sarcastically. "Yeah, I should back off." Allison says and I scoff.

"Well that also depends. Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?" Lydia say to Allison and she smiles bitterly. "After what happened. I'm not letting him out of my sight. You saw what happened." Allison says and I roll my eyes. "By the way this all happened when he came knocking at my door." Allison says.

Allison then tells us about Scott going to her apartment last night. Him basically telling her not to get involved and stay out if it. After he found an arrow head with her symbol on.

Lydia and I just studied to pass the time.

"Is that whole 'not let them out of your sight' thing literal or more like a rule?" Lydia says to Allison as she studies as well. "Why?" She says glancing at Lydia. "You're running on fumes." Lydia says not looking up from her book. "Ugh!" Allison says and I decide to text Issac and check in.

"Yeah and I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota." Lydia says. "What if we stop?" Allison asks as I wait for his reply. "Is it really that big of a deal? I mean so we lose them. We know where they're headed." Lydia say and I nod.

"How are things between you and Aiden?" Allison asks and Lydia starts laughing. "Woah since when did you care about me and Aiden?" Lydia asks and I look over at her curiously.

"Woah. Hold on a second." She says turning to look at Allison. "Is that why you invited me on this whole little road trip thing?" Lydia asks looking Allison.

"Oh my gosh." She says when Allison doesn't say anything. "Your keeping an eye on then and me." She says.

"So there's nothing going on between you two?" Allison asks as if Lydia was stupid. "I'm appalled by the insinuation." Lydia says. "Nothing?" Allison questions. "Nothing." Lydia says and I just roll my eyes.

"What about Toby, Sof?" Lydia asks. "You know, just because I agreed to come with you both today doesn't mean we're besties again." I say and roll my eyes.

"Okay, but I'm sensing something wrong with you guys. So tell me." Lydia says and I sigh. "We broke up." I say turning to the window.

"Why?" Lydia asks enthusiastically. "Issac and I kissed." I say and they both gasp. "It's not a big deal." I say shrugging.

We join the traffic jam a couple of cars behind the bus. Lydia's phone starts ringing.

"Hey Stiles, we're about to go into a movie, you know popcorn." She lies. "Okay." She says awkwardly and puts the phone on speaker for us all to hear.

"Okay, look Scott's still hurt." Stiles says and I raise an eyebrow. Scott's hurt? "What do you mean still? He's not healing?" Allison asks. "No, he's not healing. I think he's actually getting worse. The blood is turning a black colour." Stiles says and I scrunch up my face.

"What's wrong with him?" Lydia asks. "What's wrong with him? I don't... do I have a PhD in lycanthropy? How am I supposed to know that?" He says. "We need to get him off the bus." Allison says. I should probably care more than I do.

"And take him where, the hospital?" Lydia questions making Allison sigh. "If he's dying. Yeah." She says and I roll my eyes. He's not gonna die. That's a tad dramatic.

"Stiles, there's a rest area about a mile up. Tell the coach to pull over." Allison says. "Yeah I've been trying." He says annoyed. "Reason with him." Allison says leaning back in her seat.

"Reason?" He shouts. "Have you met this guy?" He asks. "Just try something." Allison says and Lydia ends the call.

We get out of the car and Allison rushes over to help Stiles with Scott. Me? I notice Issac straight away by a picnic bench with Boyd.

"Sofia?" Issac says spinning to face me as I walk from Allison's car. "Hi." I say sliding beside him and Boyd on a bench.

"Where did you come from?" He asks and I shrug. "Allison has been keeping an eye on Scott, she asked me to come with. It's why I asked where you were going." I say and he smiles. "Oh cool." He says and puts his head on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I ask Boyd and he nods slowly. "I'm sorry about Derek and Erica." I say and squeeze his hand. "Thank you Sofia." He smiles.

"Let's go." Coach shouts after blowing his whistle. "Back on the bus." He shouts. I look around and Stiles and Lydia rush over to us.

"How's Scott?" I ask and Issac raises an eyebrow. "What's wrong with Scott?" Issac asks

"He's not healing, Allison is trying to help him in the bathroom right now." Stiles says and Issac raises an eyebrow. "Those twins are dicks." He says turning to the Ethan.

"They killed Derek and now Scott's not healing." I sigh and Issac goes red. "Hey." He says taking my hand. "I've got your back." He says and walks over to Ethan and starts beating the shit out of him.

"Oh." I say and me and Boyd stand watching him.

"Stiles what's happening?" Scott says when him and Allison make their way over to us. "We told him what happening to you and he went after him." Stiles says and Scott rushes over to the circle gathered around the fight. Even though coach was yelling his name, Issac wouldn't stop.

"Issac!" Scott yells when he gets over to him. But Issac doesn't stop.

"You should do something." Lydia encourages and I raise an eyebrow. "Why? He deserves it." I shrug.  "Sofia, do something." Scott says pushing me towards Issac. 

"Sofia?" Toby asks as I get pushed beside him. "Hi." I say watching Issac. "Are you gonna stop him?" Toby asks and I sigh. "I guess." I say and grab Issac's arm to stop him from punching Ethan again.

He turns to me and I grab his hand. "It's okay. Come on." I say and he lets go of Ethan. I hold his hand and lead him onto the bus.

I sit beside him Issac and he turns to me. "Too far?" He asks and I nod. "Just a bit." I say and lean my forhead against his. "It's okay. Everything is okay." I say holding both his hands in his lap.