有一点希望

not paying attention to the national anthem at the school assembly was not any of jungkook's intentions, but peeking around to find a glimpse of taehyung seemed more relevant this second.

taehyung stood not too far for them to grasp eye contact a couple of times. he lipsynced the anthem to blend in, raising a brow and smiling at the quiet boy.

jungkook did not know why he searched for taehyung, maybe he wanted to check on him. he noticed how taehyung was not able to stand straight, he wonders how he slept last night because he himself had trouble sleeping on his stomach.

jungkook tries to put himself in taehyung's shoes, he tried to speculate the reason why taehyung is here, he is odd in all of the ways, but that cannot be the cause. he must have a different persona, a different view in life. he should not be here. no one like taehyung should be here.

boys in here are too pressured by society controlling them. they are too focused to be the 'ideal' type as a man. everyone here is not always happy about the idea, he just does not understand why taehyung is.

taehyung seems too carefree to be here.

-

the day was over, finally. it was easy to track time through the constantly measured alarms of the school. the door of jungkook's dorm opens, letting the headmaster in, the same one who beat him last night.

behind the headmaster was taehyung, he was sneaking in the rooms slyly, jungkook was not so confident about it but he stood up straight as the headmaster approached them.

he found, and confiscated, the adult magazine that his roommates hid under his bed, which made the headmaster berated trash about jungkook even more.

jungkook sighed once he left, he could not believe how taehyung hid in the eyes of the headmaster by mingling with the rest of the boys. jungkook supposed that he was too old to remember new people.

"what are you doing here?" whispered jungkook once the lights of the whole dormitory were dimmed.

his roommates passed on inquiring looks as well, like they were about to meddle, but taehyung cleared that he was here for jungkook when he climbed up in the latter's bed. and jungkook followed.

they both were trying their hardest not to initiate any skinship on the single bed, that let them not have any sleep. taehyung examined jungkook's roommates, ensuring that they are already fast asleep.

"hey, jungkook, check this out." taehyung murmured as he pulled out a bag of chocolates, he handed it over to jungkook.

"w-where did you got this from?" jungkook questioned upon unwrapping one chocolate and letting it melt in his mouth.

"yesterday, when i snuck out," taehyung replied, taking one for himself. he turned to rest on his stomach because of the pain, his chin sank in jungkook's pillow, with jungkook repeating the same position next.

"what is it like?" jungkook asked after a long silence, he does not know how he gathered the courage to ask this question, but he did not regret speaking up. "to go outside, alone?"

"it's like all your family has died, in a good way." taehyung replied which made jungkook snort out a laugh.

"how's that any good?" jungkook joked.

"you'll know it once you do it." taehyung commented, and it felt like they both knew what is going in the other's head. "you wanna go... out?"

that frazzled jungkook. did he want to duck out at this considerable late hour with a guy he sort of saved yesterday doing the same troubling misconduct? he said no multiple times, but his inner urge submitted.

-

jumping off the wall seemed incredibly terrifying for jungkook, it was his first time breaking a school rule, he just hopes no one finds out. it is very aggravating for him but he strangely spots it equally captivating.

"who's scooter is this?" he asked once they were outside the eyes of any school wall.

"mine," taehyung simply said as he handed jungkook a helmet. he fixed his own helmet before noticing that jungkook was having trouble tying it, smiling a little at his scrunched nose.

taehyung reached his hands forward and secured the helmet around jungkook's head, while the latter could only stare and blink with the dearest eyes.

-

jungkook did not realize that he was kept under the covers from the beautiful monsters he could only imagine until tonight. now that he was sat on the back seat of taehyung's scooter, he felt the wind spread his arms wide into nothingness.

is this what flying feels like? he only asked himself as he grinned like a madman. taehyung drove faster and made jungkook content by the way the houses and buildings pass through him.

he could see a new horizon, not the same daily picture. he laughed, seeing nobody on the streets, nobody is going to see him this sparkling but taehyung.

he chuckled, telling himself that his parents lied so badly to him. the outside world is not dangerous, there is nothing to be scared of. there's nothing that would harm him here, he could finally breathe his way, not his headmaster's.

"did you say something?" taehyung raised his voice because of the speed, seeing jungkook smile from the mirror being illuminated by the yellow street lights.

"self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting." jungkook shouted on top of his lungs.

"what?" taehyung snorted.

"nothing, you won't get it," he said, still giggling. jungkook did not know where they were going, but he did not want to return, not now though.

dark streets of no one made him feel safer than the exploiting walls of his school.

-

有一点希望
⫽there's a little bit of hope⫽