在这个世界

jungkook gripped his saxophone, he was seated at the back of the class with taehyung. the poor boy tried his best to rhythm his fingers together with notes written predominantly on the blackboard far away.

taehyung seemed to make tiny paper balls out of his music notebook with five traditional staff lines that had treble cleves, that looked an '&' in taehyung's opinion. he kept collecting them in a group.

jungkook just watched taehyung's untouched instrument sleeping on the side. "tae, we have to practice the song," he whispered adorably, making his eyes go wide.

taehyung just nodded, minding his own business. for the next fifteen minutes, he had two handfuls of paper balls ready, he decided to halt the formation.

he nudged an engaged and occupied jungkook with his elbow until he got the recognition that he asked for. jungkook grimaced once he saw the pile of paper balls. he questioningly glared at taehyung who did not pay enough attention to him to clear his inquiry.

"oh, no, stop!" jungkook scolded taehyung once he started throwing paper balls at the teacher's desk from different directions secretly to make it extra suspicious.

several students started looking around to spot the culprit, and when their eyes went anywhere near taehyung or jungkook, the duo would duck their heads on their tables to register their fraudulent innocence.

jungkook grinned, thinking about the core fun that nonsense brought him. people lie so bad about craziness, it's so underrated. no stare mattered now, nothing rational matter to him but this day, this hour, this day. he is free, even when he is barred in.

enough living other's life, a little jungkook should live too. and he only finds taehyung as his fuel leading him to the purity that he deserved years ago.

he took a bunch of paper balls out of taehyung's fist, he stretched his arm to release a few as a first. but his wrist was stopped by the music teacher standing right beside his chair.

-

taehyung huffed, his back loosely leaned against the beige wall outside of the classroom, he side-eyed a crouching jungkook. they heard muffled sounds of the boys laughing, and the faint melody of the patriotic song they had to practice.

"i'm sorry," jungkook said modestly, he looked up at taehyung remorsefully before dipping his head in his knees. "i shouldn't have thrown it, i was obviously a rookie at being a rebel."

"why're you apologizing? i should be the one saying sorry. i shouldn't have started it, you just tried to follow me, and we got in trouble. i'm sorry." taehyung said, head hung low in an obscure embarrassment.

he did not care that he has to stay out here, but that he provoked jungkook and have him staying in this hot day outside the class.

jungkook hummed, seeing the other grades doing their marching training like construction happening, legs looking double than the people present there. if music was playing, they would look like they are so stiff at dancing, jungkook smiled just thinking about it gullibly.

"i have to show you something, jungkook." taehyung said earnestly, he dragged jungkook up on his feet until they both stood head by head on the same level. he did not drop jungkook's hand even after, rubbing at an invisible wound he believed he caused.

"yeah, but we can't-"

"let's sleep all day in our dorms, no one is going to be there at this time." taehyung suggested, indeed both knew they do whatever he says.

taehyung clutched four of jungkook's fingers between his index and thumb, hoping on each of the latter's fingers in a pattern.

"but, tae, we ha-have classes after, we can't just-" jungkook concealed his words, biting whatever he wanted to say to take a moment in consideration.

he changed this much, not to lose from bunking some classes. was blowing in a stupid saxophone really worth it for him to strangle his smile by himself? he can't just keep on living like this. time was running, he'll die one day too, he better makes use of the only life he has.

"how about my room?" jungkook asked before towing taehyung's elbow.

-

taehyung let jungkook climb up the bed first, when he scored up himself, he messily laid beside jungkook who hid inside the blanket in a ball. he laughed at the funny boy. he tickled jungkook all over, his hands finding their own way to locate the angel-like boy.

when the vacant room, subtracting their presence, was saturated with happy chortlings and whines, just then did taehyung realize the delicate prettiness, for the lack of a better term, that is draped all over jungkook's figure.

he might have never concentrated much, for they clash at night mostly.

"what did you want to show me?" asked the dreamy-looking jungkook once the tickling ended and the single bed was now divided into two.

their feet were facing the barred window at the back of the room while the door of the room was behind them. it favored all of the spotlights to rest in jungkook's eyes. taehyung pulled out a thick silver recorder that had giant buttons.

"this," taehyung said, he admired how jungkook's eyes went bigger. "this is a recorder."

"where'd you buy that?" jungkook questioned.

"i borrowed it from the headmaster." taehyung said casually.

"you? you borrowed this from the headmaster? and he let you?" jungkook asked, as ambiguous as this could get.

"i mean- uh, he doesn't know i burrowed it." taehyung said, and saw jungkook sighing and rolling his eyes. "he was yelling at me in the principal office. of course, i did not listen to him. and then i saw this layin' somewhere, so i grabbed it. then i went to the office again, they got mad at me for that, but i recorded a song from their radio." taehyung explained nonchalantly.

"you shouldn't steal. if he finds out, we'll be dead meat."

"who's gonna tell him?" taehyung scoffed. "here, i'll play you a song." taehyung said, his finger lingering on the play button.

"what's it called?"

"this world. by tsai lan chin." taehyung responded, hazed. "don't worry, he died."

"he died?"

taehyung pressed play, he covered both of them in the blanket, he let them sink in the song.

they were not allowed to listen to any songs in this school if they were not about the country and patriotism. jungkook felt his room transforming, he saw trees building around him, all bright and healthiest green. he felt like he and taehyung were sleeping on the bare grass, not caring.

he closed his eyes because his heart convinced him that they were out in the broadest daylight ever, that the sun will shine above his head and not let anything break him, that they don't have to run away every with shadow before each step of the night.

taehyung pulled jungkook closer to himself while humming the song. he nuzzled his nose behind jungkook's ears, with his hand laying on the boy's waist and stomach. he whispered along softly now, not trying to startle jungkook, but have him hear his heart through his voice.

because taehyung is not happy, he is not fine, not as fine as he seems. he hopes that jungkook hears the song and understands that without taehyung having to put it into words, he really needs jungkook to get the hint.

he wishes that jungkook can see the colors he has brought in taehyung's world.

-

在这个世界
⫽in this world⫽