我们的世界

"tae," jungkook whined, more like singsonged taehyung's nickname as he co-owns it. he had his head draped on taehyung's shoulder slackly, and a hell of a tired. "what are we waiting for?"

"i don't know." taehyung replied, looking up in the sky, ignoring the itching streetlight in front of his way. "do you know by the end of 2030, the earth's population will exceed eight billion. from two to that many people."

"god probably did not expect such a huge population." said jungkook. "besides, the world does not need that many people."

"who knows, he might be bored up there." taehyung joked. "sometimes, i feel like i'm one of those needed people. it's like what my dad says, 'it's useless to raise you, i should've strangled you when you were born.'" taehyung whispered, still hoping for jungkook to read him without the need for letters.

"i'll strangle you!" jungkook screeched, wrapping his hands around taehyung's neck, shaking them not so vigorously once he heard the deep, deep chuckle out of taehyung, flaming and glistening each and every part of his body like a newborn. "let's not have babies in the future, there are too many people already."

"okay," taehyung said, calming the other down by raking his fingers through his dark brown hair. "what about you? you're going back home too?"

"i don't think they'll notice me being there. they're too busy... busy worshipping my normal brother." jungkook said, voice decreased unlike before.

and perhaps, taehyung should not have. the boy is so scarred, he knew. he should not have named it for even a second. so taehyung pulled the younger closer, by his waist, securing him in his lonely chest of blooming flowers and thorns.

he could not say things as easily as when he can do them. he does not speak, not only because no one will listen, but also because he cannot let them out. taehyung pulled out the music recorder, and pressed play in hopes again.

the same song brought both of taehyung's hands nearer, it pushed them to lesser and lesser proximity. and maybe it helped jungkook breathe properly, but that could also be because of taehyung's hands traveling everywhere on his back, shoulders, head, and waist. maybe jungkook could not register immediately.

when the song finished, jungkook rose out of taehyung's embrace abruptly, which alarmed taehyung in more than one way. although he sighed and was set released when he figured that jungkook really was just reaching out for the device in his hand, and who would he be to deny jungkook?

"you said you recorded the song from the office." jungkook said, to which taehyung audibly hummed. "so if i say something in it, it will record it?"

"yeah, the buttons here can record and replay."

"will the song be gone if we record something new?"

taehyung laughed at jungkook's intents and concern. "no, no, i have saved it already. i can play it whenever you want. it won't be lost, see?" taehyung played the song again, explaining to jungkook the concept of program of systematic tally and catalog.

"oh," jungkook nodded. "i want to record something."

"alright, here you go." taehyung smiled at jungkook's desire, how pure and sinless the boy in his arms is. he pressed the record button for jungkook, and waited for him to start talking.

"hello, this-this is jungkook, i'm seventeen years old. i'm sitting at this bus stop with taehyung, we-we're gonna buy ice cream."

"no, we're not."

"but you said that ice cream is better than chocolate, and you said we will get it on friday."

"uh, i, jungkook, we'll talk later. record the message first."