Chapter 2.5

The 4 Pogues woke up early the next morning to continue their journey to the Limbrey's. Emilie was starving, she hadn't eaten since the morning before and knew she wouldn't be eating soon. They drove on a big bridge over the water, a sign informed them that they had entered Charleston.

"I wonder where John B and Sarah are right now." JJ said looking out the window.

Maybe they're trying to find Maui and they're gonna be like." Emilie cleared her through. "We are John B and Sarah from Kildare island, you will board our boat, sail across the sea and restore us to our island."

"Huh?" Pope asked.

"I don't know bro, I'm trippin'."

They continued their drive toward the address written on the envelope talking about the Limbrey family. The houses they passed were huge compared to the ones on their island.

"Yeah, they're a bunch of fancy people, they have, like, three governors in their family, they've run Charleston for, like, three hundred years." Kie told them.

"These Kooks make our Kooks look like Pogues." JJ said.

They pulled up to a large house with a fence surrounding it. They all looked up at it.

"You sure this is the place, Pope?" JJ asked.

"Pretty sure." He replied.

"Alright."

They got out of the truck and stopped to take a look at the house. Pope held up the envelope to verify the address.

"That's it for sure." JJ said.

"27 King street." Pope read the address.

"Talk about home security." JJ looked at the tall fence with spikes at the top.

"Are those spikes to keep people out?" Emilie wondered.

"No." Kie said.

"The slave quarters are over there. These spike were to keep people in." Pope told them.

They walked up to the door and Pope used the knocker to knock on the door.

"You think that was too much?" Pope asked.

"It echoed the entire house. That's for sure. So, they definitely heard it." JJ said.

"Maybe no ones home." Kie suggested.

"This place give me the creeps." Emilie said looking around.

Pope knocked on the door again, as he was knocking a man with a beard opened the door.

"You must be Pope." The man said pointing and him.

"Um... are you Mr. Limbrey?" Pope asked him.

"Ms. Limbrey was expecting you yesterday."

"Oh. I'm sorry, my car broke down on the way up here." Pope explain.

"Carburetor blew up in the middle of Nowheresville." JJ pursed his lips. "Sorry about that."

"Yeah, she was, real upset when you didn't show up." The man told them.

"We tried to call, but there's no number on the invitation." Kie said.

"We got here as fast as we could." Emilie told him.

"She also expected you to come alone." He stated.

"I mean, these are my friends, they helped me find the Royal Merchant too I-"

"The instructions were explicit." The man cut Pope off. "Your friends can stay outside."