Chapter 2.9

A/n: sorry it's been almost a month since I updated, I could lie to you and say I was busy but really I was just lazy. Also I'm going to start doing Emilie's POV.

"Kie!" I called out following her.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Can I come with you? Pope is going to see his dad and if Sarah gets a hold of Wheezie she's going to meet her and I don't want to stay here alone."

"Sure, come on." She told me while getting in the driver's seat.

I got in the car and my mind drifted off to JJ.

Where did he go?

Is he okay?

What if he gets hurt?

"JJ is gonna fine, Em." Kie said as if she could read my mind.

"You don't know that."

"Yeah, I do. JJ can get himself out of anything."

"I know, but it's only a matter of time until his stories don't cut it anymore and he ends up in jail. Then what am I supposed to do?" I raised my voice a bit.

"You really care about him, huh?"

"That's all you got from that?"

"He really care about you too."

"Well I would hope so we've only been dating for a year and a half."

"He's seriously gonna be fine. You're worrying too much." Kie told me as we pulled into her driveway. "Stay here." She said before getting out.

I watched her walk up the front steps and disappear into her house. It was silent for a few minutes before I heard yelling.

"All you do is lie to me!" Her mom yelled.

"When have I lied to you?!" Kie yelled back.

"Kiara, stop it! Everything you're doing is for these boys!"

"It's about the boys."

"You're putting these boys above everything else."

"You know Emilie hangs out with them too. Hell, Emilie is dating one, and her dad never says anything."

"That's different."

"God you are so worried that I'm gonna sleep with a Pogue like you did! Well guess what I already did."

I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation but watched as Kie's mom dumped a basket of laundry off the balcony and onto the lawn.

"Go live like a freaking Pogue! Get you're butt outta my house!" Her mom yelled.

It was at that moment that I realized how grateful I was to have a great relationship with both my parents.

Kie picked up some of the close and made her way back to the car.

"Are you okay?" I asked as she closed the door.

"Yeah, I will be."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Maybe later."

"Okay, well you know you could always just come and live with me. My dad wouldn't mind. Bill certainly wouldn't, he has a crush on you, but don't tell him I said so."

"Thanks Em." She said with a small smile.

We drove back to John B's and hung out there until Pope came back.

"Hey guys what are you doing back here?" He asked. "Oh. Sorry." He said as Kie buttoned up her shirt. "What happened?"

"My mom snapped and I got booted." She told him.