chapter 2.20

As we made our way back to the others JJ held my hand as he drove. We pulled up to the twinkie and JJ honked the horn to let them know.

"Where the hell were you guys?" Pope asks us.

All four of them were sat on top of the twinkie.

"Paternal complications." I tell him.

"Luke was at the Chateau." JJ clarifies.

"Oh, great! While you were having family time with your pops, John B got bit by a gator." Pope yells at him.

"Like, for real?" JJ asks.

"Does it look like we're joking?" Sarah asks.

"Okay, what the hell happened?" I ask.

"What happened? I got bit by a gator!" John B yells.

"He got bit by a gator!" Pope, Sarah and Kie say at the same time as him.

"I dunno why I'm being yelled at. Because I put my car on the line! My dad will kill me if anything happens." I tell them.

"You're being yelled at because it was 20 minutes-"

"We got here as fast as we could!"

We continue yell at each other until JJ cuts us off.

"Shut up!" He yelled. "Seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, all right? Everyone just cut it out for a second. Look, I just helped my dad leave this island, for good. Like he's not ever coming back. He's straight up like the spanish. Just 'Bon voyage'"

"I'm offended." I say.

"That's not the right language." I hear Sarah say.

"All we got... And I know for a for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it." He looks over at me and we make eye contact. "And I've come too close to losing you, all of you. I mean, shit, me and Em have been fighting. Kie almost drowned. Pope, you were kidnapped. Sarah, you've been shot. John B, you were almost dinner for a fucking gator, bro. So, this blaming each other is some Kook-ass bullshit, alright? We don't do that. Okay? We're Pogues. Sorry, that was a lot right now. I didn't mean to..." He looks around awkwardly.

We all start clapping. "Well done." Pope says.

"I gotta be honest, that was the best freaking speech you have ever given." John B tells him.

"Award winning." I nod.

"Also, you should think about, like, a Rosetta Stone because your Spanish and French are flip-flopped." John B says and JJ give him the finger in return.

"We should bon voyage out of here." Sarah says.

"Alright." I say.

"Let's get this damn Twinkie out of here." JJ gets in my car.

A/N: I'm pretty sure a Jeep can't pull a whole Volkswagen bus but i forgot that they pull the van out so...

"Keep it coming." JJ says guiding Sarah out of the mud. "Keep it going. Easy! Easy! Sarah, go to the right. Straighten out."

"I am!" She respondes as the Twinkie returns to the road.

"Whoo! the Twinkie lives!" JJ yells.

"Whoo!"

We all drove to the church that was on the map.

"Okay, your telling me Denmark Tanny decided to hide the cross here?" JJ asks as we walk in.

"Mm-hmm." Pope hums.

"Everybody, just spread out." Kie tells us.