- ,, 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝. | scaramouche

W/C: 895━ 🥀 | SYNOPSIS: SEMI MODERN AU ! ! in which, an arranged marriage is set out for the fatui harbinger and girl— all so her family is safe from their hands

W/C: 895
━ 🥀 | SYNOPSIS: SEMI MODERN AU ! !
in which, an arranged marriage is set out for the fatui harbinger and girl— all so her family is safe from their hands. yet.. in the end it was one sided afterall..

   as they began to dress her up, a beautiful inazuman wedding dress adorned her body

   as they began to dress her up, a beautiful inazuman wedding dress adorned her body. it matched perfectly with her s/c skin tone ,,

   "we're done now miss." spoke the cicin mages; "ah.. thank you." smiled y/n. "please - relax and excuse yourselves." she kindly told them — they seemed happy to get a break. not that she blames them, this look took forever to get perfect and considering this arranged marriage was for.. him. it only made sense.

   "...how did this happen?" she mumbled, sitting down in front of the mirror. she didn't want to marry the harbinger - he killed many afterall, she was used as a tool really. just so once they got married her family was safe from the tarista's reign.

    "it's so stupid. i don't.. he - he doesn't even love me." she cried, clenching her right hand that was on the table. her teeth as well — "i've fallen for him and .... he didn't for me."

   wiping a tear as she remembered the scene, it was a horrible day for her really.

   "scaramouche.. do you.. love me too?" a stupid question, in all honesty. why would he? i mean — you're a plain. inazuma citizen.

   the male turned to you; making eye contact. silence - although you two had small talk, and maybe a few skin to skin interactions. not in that way though you pervs... you've fallen for him.

   he looked around before laughing, manically, crazily, happily, sadly? you couldn't tell. until he made eye contact once again — it looked like, it would be described when after a lot of planning. he achieved his goal.

    "since your parents aren't here, no. i don't. i don't have any romantic attraction to you - or anyone in this disgusting world that should be fixed." he grinned evilly; you felt the color from your face be drained - this was.. the true scaramouche? the man who you fell for..? was a lie?

    "i mean - who would fall for you? you're an ordinary citizen. while i—! am a harbinger." scaramouche took one step forward, his grin only widening seeing your hesitant step back. and soon enough you were trapped against the wall as he forcefully grabbed your chin. turning it, as if he was examining, admiring it? no. mostly examining it... "and you're ugly too." he let go of it, smirking at the slight skin color change. it only proved how much his grip hurt,

   'your hairstyle is the same from the dude in the lorax that went: 'let it die! let it die!' maybe attitude too..' you thought glaring at the male, massaging your face from his hurtful grip. "i'm someone far above you, in so many ways." he discouraged.

   "you're lucky although. if it weren't for this stupid marriage i would've killed you each time you went: good morning scaramouche!" he imitated your voice on the 'good morning.' "it was stupidly annoying, no honorifics to my name either." the short male laughed.

    "remember your place, girl." and with a harsh shove, he walked past you. probably smirking at the results — you felt tears well up. hot tears, wiping them as they fell you sniffled. it was stupid, falling for a man like that. 

    slamming your first on the table, growling. "oh darling~ you're going to hurt yourself." you heard a voice speak ;; a hand came and massaged your right hand.. their head laying on your shoulder.

    scaramouche. "please. refrain from acting, nobody is here to catch you." you corrected him, he always acted lovey dovey to you, just to have others under the impression you two fallen in love successfully.

   thank god — you don't love him anymore. after that day you've hated and despised him.. "dear - i'm not acting.." you saw his soft smile turn into a frown. "and you're not supposed to be here." replying cold and harshly, you got up practically uppercutting him with your shoulder. and with that walked out of the room..

   scaramouche sighed, and walked out.

    "do you. scaramouche — accept y/n as your wife? and forever lover -?" asked the man. "yes, i do." scaramouche smiled at the man before turning to you. holding your hands so softly and sweet,

   "now.. do you. y/n — accept scaramouche as your husband? and forever lover -?" he asked you now.. you thought for a moment. you could call him out or,

   you turned to the crowd, your mother and father.. family. you smiled at them to mask the fact you wanted to object - turning to the male. "yes.... i- i do."

   "you may kiss the bride." the crowd cheered, as scaramouche kissed you. lovingly - even when kissing his act carried on. afterall he was in front of people.. of course you had to push him away.

    you two smiled at the crowd,, this would've been a happy moment. if only you two loved eachother,

   if only.. scaramouche turned to you. your unhappy face ... he frowned. he loved you after a while, he really did yet — he couldn't take back what he said.

    in the end, it was one sided afterall.

you thought it was angst towards the reader?1!1 *does fandango* but it was scaramouche instead 🤬