~Sitting in the Dark~

"We were just hugging. It was very one sided, actually. Purely for annoyment purposes," I explained to Riley in a plain sailing type of way. She always assumes the exaggerated version of things. It literally meant nothing.

"That's not really what it looked like... I'm just a bit confused on where you stand. I thought you hated each other." Well, the girl does have a point.

"I do hate him, it's just very on and off. After one of my pranks goes successfully, the hatred lessens enough for us to be pretend friends for a day," I said in a theoretical voice. Makes perfect sense in my head. Riley released an audible sigh, which meant she was letting me off the hook for now.

"Okay, sure," Riley settled on, combing through her unfair supply of beautiful blonde hair.

"The party don't start till we walk in, you know," I mumbled, wearing a secretive smile. She lifted her head up with sudden motivation, agreeing silently. Riley exited the bathroom with a look of determination. I tagged behind, trying to hide my Agoraphobic behavior whenever I suspected someone was approaching us. How much I prefer the safety of the womens bathroom over this anxiety attack.

The stuffy little place was full of teenage guys mixed with gorgeous girls my age. Seeing all them was a bit downgrading, but I plastered a big smug smile on my face, ignoring them as they all flirted up hurricanes about the place. Me and Riley headed over to the bar stools and took the first unoccupied seats we could find. I ordered a stawberry mango smoothie (To think I would even consider an alcoholic beverage) and chatted with Riley about the success of the night.

"You gotta stop glancing over your shoulder. You look like a fugitive," Riley remarked in the middle of our discussion. I didn't even notice I had been doing that.

"You can't blame me. He said he'd find me, and I'm just locating the nearest exit, that's all," I told her. She tilted her head, wearing a teasing smile. I wonder what's going on in that head of hers. Pretty sure she's putting the puzzle pieces together wrong.

"Aww, Bailey, you're just nervous to talk to him." I wanted to contradict her, but after doing a self check, I realized she might be right. The bartender-like character slid me my smoothie. I grunted, taking a long sip of it in protest. Why should anything he say matter, much less his opinion of me?

"What's your name, beautiful?" Someone said in a low voice to my very very left. It was directed to Riley. She flipped her blonde hair before turning to face the mysterious stranger.

"I'm afraid it's Riley, not beautiful. But you were so close," She said with an enchanting smile. I watched them engage in a conversation, and, for once in my life, was glad to be left out of it. If my entire night was wasted downing smoothes and watching Riley flirt, that would be perfectly okay with me.

"I thought I'd find you here," another low voice pitched in. This time it was closer, familiar, and I could feel whoever it belonged to standing directly behind me. I turned my head, coming face to face with a certain blonde boy. How is it I forgot about the only reason I came to this little shindig?

"Austen! I meant to find you earlier..." I replied, unsure where to start. The sight of him made me giddy with excitement. Finally, someone I want to see. I'm getting to preoccupied with this whole revenge committment.

"What did you think of our performance?" Austen asked, eyes sparkling. I use my hands in attempt to describe my feelings toward that.

"You guys are incredible! I love your music- it's... like a hyrbrid of Fall Out boy, Blink 182, and a couple other indie rock bands, but it's unique at the same time...." I struggled to verbalize it. Austen grinned at this.