~Accident prone~

I slid the flowy blue dress off the rack and added it to my collection. Its probably the only one I would actually try on. The other five were way over the top, with feathers poking out the bottom and florescent lace on the sleeves. Whoever the designer is of these must've got dropped as a child, or  tossed out the window. I can't believe she picked these out for me. They are the complete opposite of my type.

"Ooh la la!" Riley held up a burgundy dress covered in ruffles, "What do you think?" I made a choking noise, and the smile on my best friends face diminished.

"Come on Bay! Its pretty, and it would look great with your skin tone." There's my fashion-centered friend for ya. Shopping on the weekends, saving every cent for a new pair of heels. I've put up with it for three years now!

Don't get me wrong, Riley was the coolest friend a girl could ask for. Its when she drags me along for these eternal shopping trips that I start complaining.

"Its prom, not The Great Gatsby auditions" I mumbled, "And besides, I don't even think I'll get asked this year." She folded the dress into her arms anyway and shook her head in disbelief.

"Yes you will. I'm sure a million guys want to go with you, they're are just waiting for the right moment to pop the question." Riley kept rambling on and on. I tuned her out and thought back to two nights ago, when those deep brown eyes locked with mine. Oh, how I wished to run my hands through his messy coal-black hair..... Whoa hold up. Don't get too carried away.

I cut the daydreaming early and travelled back to reality, looking over at Riley. She had a knowing smile on her face. Her mouth opened and I braced myself for an interrogation.

"Who's on your mind, Bayley Marie Davis?" She crossed her arms and smirked at me. Act natural.

"Oh its no one." Might as well write liar on my forehead. By the look on Riley's face, I could tell she didn't buy it.

"Doesn't look like no one. Tell!" Her eyes lit up, ready to absorb every detail. I groaned, and decided I might as well spill. She would have gotten it out of me one way or another.

"I was babysitting for the Berks last night. You know, my moms friend?" I paused to check if she was following along. Riley nodded impatiently. I continued,

"Well, Heather is renting out her basement so she can afford the house. Because of the divorce and all...." I paused. Lets not get into details. I saved Riley from a very boring, very long talk about Heather's husband and got straight to the point.

"I ran into this really cute guy named Jaxon and... um, hesortoffellontopofme."

Its nice to have that out of my system. Riley stared at me with a confused expression. Then,  as if a wave of realization washed over her, her jaw dropped.

"Jaxon? As in, The Jaxon Bennett?" I shrugged. She could not contain her excitement, and started smacking my arm.

"Ow! Stop Riley!.... This. Is. Abuse! " Riley pulled away (finally) and I rubbed my arm as it slowly reddened. Jeesh woman get it together.

"Sorry" she managed insincerely, "Okay, just answer me. What did he look like? Dark hair? Brown eyes? Totally gorgeous? Oh, was he ripped? Did you feel his muscles?" Riley started bombarding me with questions. They shifted from funny to just downright annoying. I clasped my hand over her mouth and she shut up. Thats better.

"Look, I think that's him, but stop overreacting, okay? What's so special about this dude anyway?" I removed my hand and wiped the drool on my pants. Gross!  Riley beamed at me.

"He just so happens to be Riverside's Bad Boy. You know, the other high school down the road?" Huh, wasn't expecting that. Well, he is beyond attractive. The guy's at my school are, like, hobos compared to him. I pondered his beauty until I noticed Riley's intense stare.