~Payback Baby~

The moonlight was creeping through the blinds, casting shadows all over Jaxon Bennetts disastrous room. Pranking symptoms weren't looking so good. My heart was pounding, my breathing shallow, every little creak sending me sprawling to the floor, ready to take cover under his bed. I didn't know how he would react when he saw it. But by the looks of it, it was not going to be pretty.

It was going to be gorgeous.

Why is it that men always get the long, dark eyelashes, while women are stuck with blonde stubs? Nature works in unfair ways. I couldn't contain my chuckle as I lightly feathered blush on his cheekbones. By the quiet rumbling snores produced from Jaxons mouth, I could tell he was still fast asleep. I continued with the makeover, loving the evil rush I was receiving. After the purple eyeshadow was applied and hot pink "Flat Out Fabulous" lipstick smothered on, the look was completed.

"This, Jaxon, is what happens when you mess with the great and almighty Bayley Davis," I whispered for no apparent reason. I pulled out my phone and turned on the flash, tensing up as I pointed the camera towards his caked up face. You have to do this. For Vengeance, I reminded myself. After some moments of hesitation, I finally gathered the courage to click the button.

The flash lit up the entire room! But just to make things worse, it was just a preflash before the picture was actually taken. Jaxons face sparkled under the beam of light with all kinds of products. All of a sudden, two brown eyes peeked at the camera with curiousity. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack. I'm dead meat.

Cha-chink! The picture caught him at the perfect moment. Eyes slightly open, mouth ajar, skin shimmering wih faux beauty. He looked like a supermodel with a prominent jaw and a severe case of bedhead. Before I could truly enjoy the moment though, I had to somehow escape Jaxons wrath.

"Whut.. wus... that," Jaxon asked, his words slurred and groggy. I was frozen, relying purely on my instincts to deliver me out of chaos. In a rush, I reached down and gently ran my hands through Jaxons hair.

"Shhhh," I soothed, "Nothing. Now go back to sleep." I don't know how I got to be so good at head massages, but its a secret gift of mine. I've put people to sleep on several occasions, and for this particular case, the trick is to rub behind the ears. Men are like dogs; rub them behind the ears and they'll obey your every command.

Jaxon breathed out, slowly relaxing back onto the bed. I carefully worked my fingers through tangles in his extremely thick black locks. Just a little bit longer of massaging magic, and he was out cold. Under normal circumstances, I should've pulled away, but I really didn't mind. Not one bit.

But I had the devils work to finish. I tiptoed out of his room, being mindful of the many obstacles standing in my way. Once I was in the hallway, I saw the clock read 6:30 A.M., way before my usual wake-up call.

I took another look at the picture and burst out laughing, then clamped a hand over my mouth. I was still right outside of his door. Wake him up, and you will most likely be slaughtered. Before anything could go wrong, I quickly opened facebook and posted the picture, tagging Jaxon Bennett in it, and commented, "We all have wanted to be a princess at some point in our lives. Jaxon here just couldn't wait any longer. #Likeitup."

Feeling content, I climbed back into bed and pulled the sheets up to my nose, not expecting to sleep. There was too much nervous energy shooting through me. I was imagining a series of worst-case-scenarios of Jaxon finding out what I had done. Even though I was a bit terrified of what the morning light would bring, a smirk was permanently molded onto my face. Never have I felt such delight in my actions. This one's going in the books.

><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

The bed suddenly transformed into a trampoline. I was being thrown up and down, up and down, as three little sets of legs hurtled over me to the other side. A small foot suddenly came in contact with my side. I groaned, clutching the spot with surprise. Congratulations. You've successfully cracked the egg.

"Oops," The little perpetrator said with a giggle. They all made a final jump off the bed and raced out of the room. I opened my eyes, forgetting for a moment where I was. The door was cracked open, small footsteps fading in the hallway. I stretched out my aching muscles with a monstrous yawn, and rose out of bed.

The boys and I ate cereal on the long dining table. They all had their preferences, so we each ended up with our own box of cereal in front of us. I was currently working on a riddle to distract my mind. It could be any moment now. He's going to come storming up the stairs, grab the sharpest kitchen knife in the drawer, and cut me up into tiny little...

The garage door swung open, causing me to jump. I laid a hand on my heart, then realized I wouldn't be murdered quite yet. Her hair was stuck in all directions and she had a deep hue of purple sweeped underneath her eyes.

"Heather! You're back," I gave her a wary smile, "Long night?" The boys screamed 'mom' and ran to hug her.

"You have no idea," she admitted, "I can't believe I left you overnight with the kids. How were they? Was everything okay? Did anything happen while I was gone?" Some things definitely happened, I can assure you.

"Everything's perfectly fine. We had a lot of fun. Don't worry about it, I am just happy to help," I said. She looked relieved. I yawned a little, ready to sink back into dreamland.

"Let me drive you home. Don't forget your bag, and if you want to change..." She didn't have to complete her sentence. There was no explanation. I totally forgot I was wearing Jaxon's clothing on my very skin! I meant to change, but I was too concentrated on.... Oh dear.

"Sure, I should get changed. I'll be quick." I blushed and flew downstairs, avoiding any questions she might ask. My clothes were in the bathroom, and I got undressed in a jiffy, throwing his T-shirt and shorts into the hallway. As soon as I retrieved by bag, I was ready to split. Just as I walked out of the bedroom, a smooth voice rang out. I stopped.

"Not so fast, doll face." How foolish of me, thinking I could get away that easily.

"Yes, Jaxon? Do make it quick, I have a ride I need to catch," I cooed with obvious amusement. Jaxon was playing it cool, makeup gone, that handsome face studying me. He held up his phone, displaying the picture of him half awake.

"It got over 3000 likes in two hours. I have to say, I'm very impressed." That's a whopping amount of people! I usually barely make the hundreds! He didn't act the least bit embarrassed, but I knew, somewhere inside of him, this was driving him mad, "Do you intend on taking it off any time soon?" he asked almost threateningly. I grinned.

"It's on there for life. Now, if you'll excuse me," I carried on toward the stairwell, putting lots of emphasis into my easy stride.

"You don't know what you've gotten yourself into, Bayley."

I paused at the basement door, and turned my head to look at him dead in the eyes.

"Bring it."

And with that, I was gone.

That's when it all started.